The Logistics & Mission Support operation at Leidos currently has an opening for a Physical Security Technician to work at Fort Gordon, GA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the INSCOM G4 mission.
- Provides continuous integrity of highly classified and complex physical security systems installed in US Forces operational facilities worldwide. Travels to supported units/sites to apply engineering and technical expertise with Intrusion Detection Systems, Physical Security Enhancement System (PSEP) and access control systems.
- Provides GSA Container, vault and pedestrian door locking device Inspection, maintenance and repair as required by the supported major subordinate command (MSC) S2/SSO.
- Maintain Electronic Security Systems (ESS) as required by supported MSC S2/SSO to include semi-annual IDS testing for protected facilities.
- Applies advanced technical state-of- the- art integration of engineering models or prototypes, major system modifications to physical security systems and operations with fire detection and suppression systems, environmental systems, station power and grounding systems to National Code and INSCOM configuration management regulations, standards and requirements.
- Performs complex Electromagnetic Interference/Radio Frequency Interference (EMI/RFI) analyses and makes recommendations for mitigation. Maintains baseline information for US military unique physical security systems.
- Performs complicated diagnostics, fault isolation and maintenance of complex electronic analog and digital communications and telecommunications equipment and Radio Frequency (RF) systems High Frequency through Microwave (HF through MW).
- Representative of this equipment are antennas, preamplifiers, receivers, demodulators, converters, fiber optic systems, computers, graphic workstations, printers, recorders, analog and digital displays, input/output devices, Local Area Network (LANs), and test equipment.
- Configures, tests, and installs unique proprietary computer software and hardware for physical security systems. Performs software updates and modifications, graphics changes, additions, historical and operating system backups.
- Conducts site surveys and analyses of physical security system and network requirements and produces complex network diagrams and recommended solutions to accommodate system and network evolution
- Evaluates proposed computer hardware and computer network systems to determine technical feasibility, costs for implementation, and operational adequacy.
- Provides classified technical documentation and training to technical personnel on modification, integration, and installation of network equipment, configuration of network software and installation of proprietary system software on electronic communication equipment’s.
- Provides life cycle support of physical security system software and hardware, configuration management, research and identify Line-Replaceable Units (LRU) for equipment and system upgrades, and trains technical personnel on system software) and other special and unique applications.
- Research, design and install tailored systems and technologies to support reconfigured facilities.
- Operates Built-In Test Equipment (BITE) and Automated Test Equipment (ATE).
- Provides technical support for access control and intrusion detection systems such as voice, data, biometric, and or wireless access denial systems installed in Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF).
- Supports US Army systems on site whenever and wherever deployed. Available to deploy to other countries and/or theaters to perform quick reaction technical support to US forces worldwide military contingency missions and requirements in potentially hazardous work environments.
- Associate’s Degree in Electronics or related field from an accredited college/university with eight years’ experience in physical security systems; or 10 years of Military equivalent technical training.
- Employee must have knowledge in computer system maintenance, assorted software versions and enhancements, analysis and test. In addition, employee is required to have at least two years’ experience working with unique software applications, and experience working with server configuration, administration and network support.
- Subject matter expert level knowledge with configuration management, installation practices and regulations, research and identify replacement Logical Replacement Units (LRU) for equipment and system upgrades of proprietary systems, and quality assurance practices and requirements.
- Knowledge in Electromagnetic Capability (EMC) and the functional application of Electromagnetic Interference/Radio Frequency Interference (EMI/RFI) analysis.
- Maintain ADVANTOR License Authorization and requisite training level to conduct maintenance to ADVANTOR ESS.
- Maintain LENEL products Verified Authorized Retailer (VAR) License Authorization and requisite training level to conduct maintenance to LENEL (On-Guard).
- Maintain GSA Certified Safe and Vault Technician Certification.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.