The Defense Group at Leidos has a career opening for an Integration Engineering Manager supporting the recently awarded GSM-O II program. This position is located virtually in the Ft. Meade, MD area. One must live within driving distance of Fort Meade as they will need to be in the office as needed.
This recently awarded 10 year contract includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair, and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation, and support to DISA’s mission partners.
This position will be responsible for integrating various GSM-O II Innovations and Special Projects into the Global Management System & the Infrastructure. This position will assist with the design, deployment, integration, and maintenance of a full stack containerized innovations architecture as well as technical systems administration, installation/configuration, and troubleshooting issues that arise from integration. The successful candidate will work directly with the Software Engineering Manager and the operations team to transition new capability and ensure it meets all target requirements. They will be responsible for testing and verification of new capability prior to deployment to production. The position will help fostering a Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) and SecDevOps culture, and building strong cross-functional collaboration with all areas of development, product, and QA in a dynamic and fast-paced environment supporting the development of a data pipeline and machine learning services integration in support of DISA operators and analysts whose mission is to solve unique and challenging problems.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to working closely with the Solution Special Projects Architect, project solutions architects, software and data engineers, and data scientists on the following key tasks:
- Manage and maintain system integration tools such as Kubernetes, Rancher, Helm
- Configure and deploy system integration tools
- Support management and integration of DevOps tools such as Jenkins
- Support the code transfer and modification of all environments.
- Integrate containers using Kubernetes, Rancher, Helm Dev Ops integration tool stack
- Conduct automated unit and system integration tests to identify and feedback failed modules and components
- Participate in code design reviews and updates
- Design system to system data transfer and integration process of all environments
- Create test plans to verify data quality and integrity between the systems during the transfer process at all levels from component (module), integration testing through system to include and end-to-end (data lifecycle) evaluation
- Conduct automated integration test with sample data
- Evaluate the systems from security point of view to ensure security relevant changes are made to the data before it is transferred to a different classification network
- Design data security checks to ensure dirty data is not passed to other networks
- Create unit and system integration tests to identify and feedback failed modules and components
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 12+ of related experience; additional related years of experience are accepted in lieu of a degree
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Hands-on DevOps experience and working knowledge of DevOps tools such as Jenkins
- Have a working knowledge of CM tools such as Nexus and Gitlab/Git
- Experience with security requirements derivation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and also a self-starter who can work on their own
- Experience developing and promoting code in an AWS environment (kubernetes)
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes, Dockers, Rancher and Helm
- Experience working with Elastic Stack (ELK)
- Experience configuring and updating Kafka
- Network Configuration experience and experience with various Networking tools/vendors
- Software Defined Networking
- Experience working with DISA customers
- Experience leading a software development project in a DoD environment, including meeting STIGs and RMF controls
- Hands-on full-SDLC Agile Software Development experience
- Formal Agile methodology certification (e.g. SCRUM)
- PostgreSQL development experience
- Experience leading code, document and other artifact reviews
- Active 8570 IAT II Certification
- Active DoD SSBI or Top Secret security clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.