Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. The Network Operations Lead will support a program that provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks.
This position will report directly to the Technical Management Lead.
- Leads the Network Operations Work Center.
- Oversees projects and work assignments for entire team.
- Develops schedules for normal and contingency operational requirements and reports status to Senior Program personnel and Government customers.
- Provides expert Tier 3 support and mentoring to troubleshoot circuits using router commands, loops, alarms and errors, and other troubleshooting technologies and techniques.
- Directs utilization of network monitoring tools to monitor, track and resolve issues.
- Manages functional area trouble tickets and provides guidance on delineation of support from team to accomplish all tickets within key program performance indicators.
- Engages with Government customers to understand, design, develop and implement networking solutions to optimize network performance and capabilities on all three NORAD/USNORTHCOM networks.
- Develops networking solutions and technology adjustments on a live, global network to optimize services to NORAD/USNORTHCOM users.
- Tackles complex networking issues to support root cause analysis and development of strategies and solutions.
- Provides leadership to manage work center equipment accountability and assists with Data Center Management and clean-up grow and face new challenges to create an environment designed for redundancy and continuity in case of contingency operations.
- Requires BS and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Must have current DoD Secret clearance with ability to gain TS/SCI clearance.
- Must have DoD-8570 IAT Level II CompTIA Security+ce.
- Must have Server 2012/2016 and Server+ MCT baseline certification within 6 month of hire.
- Experience with one or more of the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, LAN maintenance, performance management.
- Expertise in one or more of the following: routers, switches, crypto devices, routing, DSN/DRSN, Video Services, Promina, CISCO, Juniper, MSPP, DWDM, Optical Switching.
- General understanding of network topologies, both transport and IT.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in communications or cyber associated field.
- DoD-8570 IAT III Certification.
- ITIL Foundations Certification.
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills.
- Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts.
- Familiarization of NORAD/USNORTHCOM missions and DOD regulations and directives.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.