The Leidos Defense Group currently has an opening for a Computer System Administrator (CSA) to work at Goose Creek, SC. This is an opportunity to use your experience to help Leidos support Navy training. In this project, your CSA skills will be employed to support the IT systems and networks used to develop training products and to deliver this training.
Responsible for the installation, configuration, administration, support and maintenance of information technology (IT) systems, including associated hardware, used to create and develop training products and to deliver them via schoolhouse IT systems connected to a training network. Ensures Software Application Programmers, Instructional Designers, Interactive Simulation Programmers, and Maritime Power Plant Training Specialists are able to use installed IT systems to achieve project/program objectives. Troubleshoots, analyzes and resolves software and system related problems. Coordinates with project leads and internal team members. Provides timely and professional recommendations to the team and customer.
- Associate's Degree in Information Technology with four (4) years of professional experience or equivalent combined education/experience.
- Experienced in supporting Windows server computing environment, specifically Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy Object management.
- Experienced with the general administration of enterprise applications, servers and databases.
- Experienced with the integration of hardware and applications software of major computing systems.
- Experienced with software updates and lifecycle management.
- Experience in assisting the end user in troubleshooting including the recommendation of methods and software.
- Experience in supporting / installing Learning Management System (LMS) software.
- Experience with the integration of LMSs with related Student Information System (SIS) or Human Resources System (HRS) software.
- Must have an active or current Final US Top Secret security or DoE Q security clearance to start work.
- Familiarity with Navy technical training practices is a plus.
- Previous CSA and COTS LMS experience supporting any branch of the Armed Forces is a plus.
- Authoring Computer-Based Training (CBT) materials is a plus.
- Database Administration knowledge or experience is a plus.
- Cybersecurity knowledge or experience is a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.