The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Project Manager Level 3 and Site Lead at NGIC, Charlottesville, VA.
The Project Manager will support the US Army INSCOM IT Support Services program. The ideal candidate will lead the team that is responsible for IT repair, maintenance, operations, and engineering services to ensure that the organization's information technology infrastructure is operating securely, reliably and efficiently.
This individual also acts as the Site Lead addressing local staffing and reporting requirements, interfacing across multiple teams, with the local Government Customer leadership and reporting up the Leidos Program Manager.
- Plan, collaborate, execute, and close projects that meet or exceed customer objectives employing industry standard program management techniques
- Create clear and attainable project objectives, build project requirements, and manage constraints of cost, time, scope, and quality
- Develop the overall project plan and manage project operations for multiple teams
- Manage the project stakeholders, project team, project risk, project schedule, project budget, and project conflicts
- Ensure team members know and execute their respective roles and the roles of the other team members
- Ensure production schedules are met and system resources are used effectively
- Communicate and coordinate the resolution of all project related problems to the appropriate project Government lead
- Ensures proper relationships are established between customers, teaming partners, and vendors to facilitate the delivery of information technology services
- Develop reporting and communicate status of project scope and objectives; schedules, project cost estimates and expenditures; status; deliverables; risk; and proposed way ahead to address project issues
- Conduct hardware infrastructure site surveys, planning, and design and develop implementation plans
- Provide installation management to include creating list of materials, bills of materials, estimating installation project timelines, determining installation team requirements, successfully executing installation projects, and documenting project status
- Point of contact / accountable for all aspects of technical requirements and manages the hands-on, day-to-day issues related to operational activities, and is authorized to act on site-specific matters relating to the daily operation of the task order
- Acts as first-level supervisor for site employees. Provides guidance and direction to lower level technicians, specialists, and managers
- Bachelor's degree in related field with 6+ years of experience with project management. Additional years of experience may serve in lieu of a degree
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and efficiently work several projects simultaneously with strong organizational skills
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of at least ten IT professionals; Willingness to work as part of a technical team, both as member and as site lead
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Currently possess an active TS/SCI security clearance
- ITILv3 certification
- Currently possess Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or Federal Acquisition Certification Program/Project Managers (FAC-P/PM) Entry Level certification on Project Management
- Currently possess DoD 8570.01 certification at IAT Level II, such as Security+ CE
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.