Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Security Operations Center (SOC) Support Services is a US Government program responsible to monitor, detect, analyze, mitigate, and respond to cyber threats and adversarial activity on the DHS Enterprise. The DHS SOC has primary responsibility for monitoring and responding to security events and incidents detected at the Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) and Policy Enforcement Point (PEP) and is responsible for directing and coordinating detection and response activities performed by each Component SOC. Direction and coordination are achieved through a new shared DHS incident tracking system and other means of coordination and communication.
Leidos has an immediate need for a PMO Project Lead to join our DHS Team. The PMO Project Lead is responsible for supporting the Program Management Office (PMO). This person ensures they support and maintains the program administration standards and introduces repeatable processes throughout. He/she utilize project management practices, standardization of templates, development and use of metrics to measure project performance and execution. He/she ensures that they monitor, reports and lead projects. The PMO Project Lead will need to provide administrative support by creating and maintaining project documentation to include schedules, resource plans, meeting minutes, and project analyses. Responsibilities include but are not limited to conducting project analysis, scheduling, project coordination, communications, procurement activities, and processes and procedures are effective and meet the needs of the customer.
Ensure approach and processes align to the overall cross-functional business needs Provide guidance and expertise to PMO personnel to ensure work products are delivered on time, if not, early and with a high degree of quality.
Provide Project Management support and gather requirements for automating PMO processes and overseeing the efforts to automate those processes. Responsible for driving consistent, repetitive best practices and standards by developing and implementing policy, procedures, monitoring and controls of PMO processes and promoting continuous process improvement. Identify governance best practices to be achieved and support the necessary process improvements and stakeholder engagement to implement changes to established governance processes.
Specific Job Duties:
- Provide costs analysis inputs for technical requirements including pricing information, prioritization, and tracking of costs
- Provide SME input into technical requirements management and prioritization
- Work with relevant stakeholders to establish their needs and how they can be met
- Work with Federal CDM PMO and DHS Components for Analysis
- Monitor organizational spending to ensure that the budget is maintained
- Prepare regular and special reports as required
- Evaluate proposed efforts and services with respect to their effect on the budget
- Work with local teams to analyze processes, recommend and implement improvements.
- Create and analyze data for management and prepare effective metrics and presentations.
- Prioritize, validate, and effectively communicate to a variety of stakeholders.
- Provide consultation and techniques to improve process performance and quality
- Works as a liaison between Customers and technical staff to facilitate communication and ensure an understanding of the requirements.
- Applies best practices and established standards to elicit, analyze, document, validate, and communicate requirements, business processes, and business rules.
- Applies best practices and established standards to manage requirements artifacts throughout the development lifecycle.
- Coordinates requirements clarification and resolution of issues/concerns identified by all stakeholders, and updates requirements artifacts to reflect the resolution.
- Act as a point of escalation and resolves exceptions on most significant and complex issues.
- Identify governance best practices to be achieved and support the necessary process improvements and stakeholder engagement to implement changes to established governance processes.
- Facilitate governance activities, make recommendations, align with assessment criteria, and DHS objectives
- Strong communication and presentation skills, ability to interface and guide business users and technical staff at various levels.
- Ability to prepare business process assessment materials - including outlines, background materials, and process aids.
- Leads data analysts to develops and briefs status reports and metrics for leadership and clients. Proactively identifies problems and implements timely corrective actions that effectively minimize program impacts. Works with team leads to mitigates risks across all aspects of CDM Program to avoid impacts to service quality and applies successful mitigation approach.
- Other Duties as assigned
Minimum qualifications include:
- The candidate must be able to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance as is required for all Department of Homeland Security SOC employees in order to support this program.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field preferred PMP certified a plus, active 3-5+ years supporting large, complex system integration programs. Experience defining processes and procedures around organizational PMO. JIRA Experience, SCRUM and Agile methodologies. MS Office skills including Excel, Project, Visio, PowerPoint, Word Ability to work with Senior Management and advising them on best practices Excellent communication skills (both written & verbal) Must be a US citizen (no dual citizenship) Position is eligible for teleworking opportunities (subject to certain conditions) Security Requirements: Ability to obtain and maintain DHS Suitability
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
- Minimum of 5 years of business process/ systems analysis.
- Minimum of 3 years of cross functional project management experience.
- Intermediate JIRA Experience, MS Office skills including Excel, Project, Visio, PowerPoint, Word.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
Strong analytical, process, and written / verbal skills.
Can readily switch gears in response to unexpected events and circumstances. Refuses to be paralyzed by uncertainty or ambiguity
- Ability to work effectively and interface in a team environment both as a lead and individual contributor.
- Effective in a high-paced, multi-functional, flexible and global environment.
- Able to make practical, business-oriented decisions. Ability to be flexible in managing details as well as maintaining an understanding of how they fit into the overall situation.
- Ability to incorporate tactical and strategic activities for overall process improvement.
- Understands the communication needs of customers and partners. Consistently communicates in an open, candid and timely manner. Communicates frequently, ensuring accessibility and presence to team members, internal/external customers and key stakeholders.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.