Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Security Operations Center (SOC) Support Services is a US Government program responsible to monitor, detect, analyze, mitigate, and respond to cyber threats and adversarial activity on the DHS Enterprise. The DHS SOC has primary responsibility for monitoring and responding to security events and incidents detected at the Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) and Policy Enforcement Point (PEP) and is responsible for directing and coordinating detection and response activities performed by each Component SOC. Direction and coordination are achieved through a new shared DHS incident tracking system and other means of coordination and communication.
Leidos has an immediate need for a Project Coordinator to join our DHS Team. As a member of the PMO team, the Project Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Project Leads and PMO Manager, maintaining and monitoring project plans and schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures. The role focuses on organizing, attending, and participating in stakeholder meetings. The Project Coordinator will also document and follow up on important actions and decisions from meetings. This functional role may prepare operations and procedures manuals to assist management in operating more efficiently and effectively.
Specific Job Duties:
- Perform coordination activities to support schedule and project management
- Capture and/or support the update of risks, actions, and tasks, communicated through various mediums, as defined by the project
- Develop and update routine reporting documentation, including weekly and monthly deliverables leveraging best practices and project templates
- Attend client meetings, capture action items and meeting minutes, document any technical action items, provide input in the integrated master schedule, and communicate with stakeholders, as needed
- Assist Project Managers and Deputy Project Managers
- Support personnel onboarding activities as needed
- Coordinate project management activities, resources, and information
- Break projects into doable actions and set timeframes
- Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management
- Help prepare budgets
- Analyze risks and opportunities
- Oversee project procurement management
- Create and monitor project plans and documentation
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants
- Use project management tools to monitor project progress
- Ensure standards and requirements are met through conducting quality assurance tests
- Help project managers create and present reports associated with project performance
The candidate must be able to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance as is required for all Department of Homeland Security SOC employees in order to support this program.
- BS degree
- 12+ years of experience with project management
- Familiar with project management methodologies
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
- Experience with creating and analyzing project documentation, reports, and briefings
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Experience with MS Project Server
- Experience working in an agile environment
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.