As a training specialist, you will play an integral role in facilitating and executing User Facing Services training programs. The training specialist will have the opportunity to enhance the competencies of individual employees by designing and conduction different training programs that will boost the employee’s workplace performance in alliance with the Agency’s core values. You will get the flexibility to design and organize training courses by combining creativity, research and analysis of new & existing materials. Curriculum planning will provide you an opportunity to work with other subject matter experts on an interpersonal level. You will also have the chance to collaborate with other talented instructors to lead trainings and oversee maximum participation. You will be responsible for performing training needs assessments, designing and delivering curriculum and learning materials and for managing all phases of training.
This hands-on role requires great attention to detail, excellent organization skills and flexibility to pivot between highly visible customer priorities to meet deadlines. This position requires candidates to have a current TS/SCI with ability to obtain poly.
• Develop training materials by completing thorough research, analyzing educational resources and assessing the needs of Agency.
• Create and organize a training curriculum that meets UFS service catalog requirements, is engaging and allows trainees the maximum opportunity to participate.
• Evaluate teaching methods to select the options that will aid in the delivery of concepts without unnecessary distraction, downtime or confusion.
• Contribute to the instruction and presentation of training courses and assess how effectively different methods and materials are at encouraging interaction and participation.
• Oversee general administrative duties, such as coordinating enrollment, scheduling class times and locations and sending invitation information to all trainees.
• Requires a Bachelors Degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
• Presentation and Communication skills
• Familiarity with different teaching methods and materials
• Adobe Captivate software knowledge
• Video capture/editing/voice over experience
• Online training interface experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.