Responsible for technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding. Evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems. Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Construct and review engineering documents and provide SME support for source selections
- Provide technical advice/input to customer’s System Program Director that lays the strategic foundation for critical, National capability and customer’s future initiatives
- Resolve highly complex and multi-dimensional problems requiring consideration of variables that impact multiple aspects of the project/program.
- Lead development of highly innovative products/solutions, achieved through collaboration and dialogue with other experts in the field.
- Support senior customer leaders as Senior Staff Officer contractor support
- Execute the Systems Engineer “V” process for customer programs: systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance.
- Minimum of 5 years of space systems or RF/Antenna-focused systems engineering
- Extensive Program Management and Acquisition Execution experience
- Requires a BS in engineering or equivalent experience and 12 years of prior relevant experience
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience with DoD Special Access Program or IC equivalent activities
- Desired candidate possesses Masters with 10 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 8 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must possess an active Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
- Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
- Willingness to submit to and successfully complete a Counterintelligence polygraph
- Must have the ability to work in a very dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Ability to anticipate and prepare responses / briefing materials for senior customer leadership questions related to customer’s specific program matters
- Ability to confidently present technical details to customer’s Senior leaders
- Ability to communicate with executive leadership regarding matters of significant importance to the organization
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.