Consolidate and analyze data.
Develops and uses advanced software programs, algorithms, querying and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate datasets.
Uses natural language processing, machine learning, predictive modeling, statistical analysis and hypothesis testing.
Works with cross-discipline teams to ensure connectivity between various databases and systems.
- Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities with the ability to support multiple work streams and drive assimilation of new techniques and solutions.
- Apply data and technical expertise in analysis, data mining and visualization of data using Business Intelligence tools and data development platforms.
- Evaluate data quality using SQL and data analysis techniques that improve client-reporting capabilities.
- Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues.
- Understand data needs and construct data pipelines for automating and accelerating data preparation.
- Hands-on experience working with data science methods such as statistical modeling, information retrieval, graph analysis, data minding, machine learning and data visualization.
- Experience with Python, SQL, Bash, Scala, Java, hadoop, apache, spark, kafka or hive.
- Knowledge of Agile practices
- Ability to work datasets
- Capable of presenting data to vendor, customer or company to audiences of different technical levels.
- Hands on experience working with data science methods such as: statistical modeling, information retrieval, graph analysis, data mining, machine learning
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Technology or STEM related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Years of Experience using Python, R, or other languages to build statistical models or analyze data.
- Years of Experience in creating complex SQL queries and functions, data structures and strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Experience working with various self-service business intelligence and data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Business Objects, etc.
- Experience working in an Agile based environment.
- Strong technical and troubleshooting techniques.
BS in a Technical field.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.