Responsible for the development, implementation and management of the customers and company's Environmental, Health and Safety Program. Duties may include working with the government, company and health agencies to review, audit, and update the programs policies and procedures to make sure the most current industry practices are being implemented.
- Provides measurable input to new products, processes or standards in operational plans in order to implement organizational strategies.
- Typically does not have budget accountability, but may manage certain processes or projects within a defined budget set by management.
- Oversee ES chemical management and material approval process. Work with outside vendors on process improvements.
- Provide sector management with periodic updates regarding environmental sustainability and compliance program status as well as recommendations to accomplish ES sector goals and objectives. Monitor the implementation of best management practices.
- Author and deploy employee-facing communications.
- Act as the main EHS point of contact for electronic waste disposal processes and data collection within the ES sector.
- Ensures resources maintain compliance with EHS requirements.
- Conducts various EHS training to support company programs
- Actively promotes all company environmental, health and safety standards.
- Typically requires a BA degree or equivalent experience and 8 to 12 years prior relevant experience.
- Ability to train employees on company and customer safety policies and procedures.
- Must have working knowledge of OSHA regulations.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Environmental Health And Safety
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.