More About the Role:
The contractor supporting this position shall perform analysis and intelligence research support related to nuclear or radiological issues. Depending upon the specific need of the office, the analyst shall focus on topics related to the nuclear fuel cycle, nuclear weapons, nuclear or radiological material security, nuclear proliferation technology, and/or nuclear terrorism.
What You'll Get to Do:
The contractor fulfilling this position shall work in one of the divisions of IN’s Intelligence Analysis Directorate with a focus dependent upon the mission of the assigned division. Topical focus areas may include nuclear fuel cycle, nuclear weapons, nuclear or radiological material security, nuclear proliferation technology, and nuclear terrorism. The primary duty of the position involves producing and disseminating written technical intelligence products, providing customized briefings and assessments to senior DOE and NNSA policymakers, and interfacing with other members of the IC and the DOE National Laboratories.
- Serve as an analyst, whose duties include developing, coordinating, and conducting allsource research and analysis to produce finished intelligence products for consumption by DOE/NNSA headquarters officials, field and laboratory experts, and US IC.
- Directly interface with senior DOE/NNSA officials and technical experts to produce customized intelligence products and briefings that draw upon analytic expertise and detailed knowledge of the global nuclear or radiological landscape.
- Inquire with other agency representatives to obtain clarification on reporting, as necessary and coordinate on interagency products.
- Directly interface with DOE/NNSA laboratory experts to develop technically sound and analytically rigorous assessments that draw upon the individual’s expertise and external intelligence reporting.
- Monitor intelligence and open source reporting for relevance to IN-10 missions, providing initial assessments of reports in regards to established or developing threat streams.
- Maintain situational awareness of developing global and national events, informing IN and the broader DOE community of items of interest or concern.
- Respond to incoming inquiries from within DOE and the broader intelligence communities regarding IN’s equities.
- Develop materials in support of briefings to senior personnel within DOE and NNSA, as well as senior policy customers in the US government and the IC.
- Complete individual and team-based tasks from management in support of strategic missions, resulting in both draft and finished products.
- Attend interagency working group meetings related to mission focus.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Requires a BA degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Position requires contractor to have earned a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university college in a related discipline such as nuclear engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, physics, international relations, or political science. Possession of a Master’s Degree is a plus.
- A background and demonstrated experience in the analysis and evaluation of technical and scientific data or information related to nuclear policy, security or nonproliferation.
- Ability to internalize technical facts and reporting, spot issues, process data, develop well-reasoned and sophisticated intellectual arguments or conclusions, and clearly package or present these arguments orally and in writing.
- Strong grasp of international affairs and global nuclear or radiological security issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a proven ability to perform in an outstanding manner and deliver high-quality work products under tight deadlines.
- The ability to write, peer-review, and present a variety of recurring and special reports, messages, briefings, and information papers.
- Some proficiency working with large quantities of information and understanding of the basic science and engineering concepts associated with nuclear or radiological technologies.
- Proficiency with automated data processing capabilities and their uses including Microsoft Office applications.
An active TS-SCI-Q
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:DOE Q
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.