Engage in promoting or creating an intended public image for groups, projects, and/or organization. Responsible for writing select material for release to various communications media platforms for a range of technical, non-technical and senior management end-users. Duties may include managing critical messaging between end users, program offices, and project managers. Formulating and implementing communications plans for typical and special change requests, especially relating to IT hardware and software changes. Coordinating release plans and change impact details with project managers and subject matter experts, evaluating command center information and need for high-level end user and program office reporting, and providing or coordinating responses to requests re: baseline capabilities or operational readiness.
This position requires candidates to have a current TS/SCI with ability to obtain Poly. This role provides excellent exposure to the Program Management Office (PMO) and engineering processes, as you communicate across interfacing organizations. Your ideas, suggestions and concerns will be welcomed, especially to streamline processes and team hand-offs. This hands-on role requires great attention to detail, very good organization skills and flexibility to pivot between highly visible customer priorities to meet deadlines.
• Respond to requests for information from the customer, coordinating any needed messaging support or technical information from a subject matter expert(s).
• Develop communications to identify new changes and/or other impacts to the end user, helping the end user understand the context of specific IT-related events.
• Plan and direct communications to continue notify end-users of ongoing IT changes and/or organizational accomplishments.
• Confer with stakeholders and leverage Service Desk problem ticketing data to identify trends where increased and/or modified communications are required.
• Prepare or edit organizational publications, such as newsletters, studies, change notification or status briefings, for internal or external audiences.
• Confer with project managers or support personnel to produce or coordinate production of IT advertisements or notifications, leveraging the best communication channels for the message.
• Maintain schedule of planned communications and related projects/releases.
• Requires Bachelors Degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
• Technical writing and IT familiarity
• Self-driven to ensure that subject matter experts deliver needed information for on-time communications
• Microsoft Office Suite of Application experience
• Analyzing Data and Information — identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
• Experience conducting Focus Group surveys
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Familiar with customer / mission
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Multi Media
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.