Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Next Generation Enterprise Network-Recompete (NGEN-R) Contract. This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps.
In support of this exciting program Leidos is looking to hire a Network Unified Communications Design Engineer in Quantico, VA to join our Team.
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The qualified candidate will assist the Government Lead in the daily engineering duties on systems. The Network Unified Communications Design Engineer will also perform general Local Area Network (LAN)/Base Area Network (BAN)/Wide Area Network (WAN) administration. Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Schedule conversions and cutovers.
- Evaluate and design communication hardware and software, troubleshoot LAN/BAN/WAN and other network related problems.
- Develop and integrate identity and access management requirements. Support engineering and design of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services to include the design and integration of new and existing VoIP servers, switches, routers, and other equipment supporting VoIP networks with capability to support Extension Mobility, Unified Messaging, Emergency Responder, and Call Center operations in a Service Desk environment.
- Design VoIP services that provide Layer 3 switching capability and updated Tactical Local Area Network Encryption (TACLANE) configurations in support of integration and transition of USMC and Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Voice over Secure Internet Protocol (VoSIP).
- Design configuration of auxiliary voice Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANS).
- Design configuration and operations of network devices, Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) interfaces, and fax modules supporting the voice system.
- Manage Hardware, Software, network, and scheduling required for end users to conduct videoconferences on Department of Navy (DON), Department of Defense (DoD), Federal, or Commercial networks.
- Integrate with standard Active Directory (AD) services plus the availability to use Windows Light Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) services for network devices and appliances.
- Perform Rights Management Services for administrators, users, and groups. Design, Develop and Operate application networking ports and protocols, Information Assurance (IA), routing and LAN.
- Perform integration with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) certificates and network accounts to support two-factor authentication for all AD domain account categories and eliminate the need for password-based authentication.
- Develop customized multivendor solutions utilizing Cisco, Juniper, Brocade, and other vendor technologies.
- Develop, update, track, and perform Internet Protocol (IP) scheme and address management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or related field and 10 years of relevant experience
- Active Top Secret/SCI
- Experience with the performance, design, configuration, and testing of complex large-scale computer networks.
- Experience with Domain Name Server (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Must possess Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3 Foundation certification.
- Must possess professional-level certifications in one or more technology related vendor solutions such as Cisco Certified Security Professional (CCSP), Fortinet Certified Network Security Professional (FCNSP), Juniper Networks Certified Specialist Security (JNCIP-SEC), Certified Modeling & Simulation Professional (CMSP), or equivalent Certification, or demonstrate sufficient experience in lieu of certification.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.