At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Learn more about the values and culture that are the foundations of our business. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible work schedule to allow for life/work balance; tuition reimbursement and more.
Put your software engineering skills into action! The Leidos Defense Group has openings for talented Software Engineers to work in our state of the art facility in Charlottesville, VA. The responsibilities for this position include all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding, and automated testing within an Agile and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery model. In this role, you will join a dynamic team that is singularly focused on providing world class solutions to our customers in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive environment. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity for growth in a customer-facing, fast-paced, and fun environment.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug mission critical software source code using modern software development languages and tools, such as java.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
- Use Agile development tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket/Git to manage work and collaborate with your teams.
- Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development and testing.
- Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them.
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
- Develop maintainable code that matches specification.
- Develop automated tests leveraging a continuous integration process.
- Own delivery of small parts of a system or application.
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
- Option for occasional telework is possible
- Bachelor's degree and up to 3 years of experience in a relevant field; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with Java/C++ and object oriented programming (applicants will be tested).
- Solid understanding of software development process fundamentals.
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance (US citizenship).
Familiarity with basic web technologies including HTML, CSS, XML, REST, JSON, SOAP, and WSDL
- Familiarity with web application technologies, such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss, etc.
- Knowledge of a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, LINUX, etc.).
- Familiarity with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with NoSql databases (MongoDB, etc.).
- Active DoD security clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.