Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Next Generation Enterprise Network-Recompete (NGEN-R) Contract. This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps.
In support of this exciting program Leidos is looking to hire a Messaging Design Engineer in Quantico, VA to join our Team.
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The qualified candidate will assist the Government Lead in the daily engineering duties on systems. The Messaging Design Engineer will also manage the operation, maintenance, trouble shooting, sustainment, and account administration for Exchange, Active Directory Application Mode (ADAM), and the Global Address List (GAL). Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Design, develop and integrate mobile solutions to incorporate cellular phones, cellular modems, air cards, personal digital assistant (PDA) devices (i.e. BlackBerries or other approved devices), tethering, and paging into the Enterprise Network. Support Capacity Planning for messaging solutions.
- Monitor security updates in accordance with Government procedures for directory services.
- Design remote connectivity to unclassified email, calendars and contacts.
- Design optional data services and peripherals, including support of the enterprise server and DoD PKI or approved hard/soft token encryption.
- Perform tasks associated with highly available Exchange solutions utilizing Datacenter Activation Coordination (DAC)/Database Availability Group (DAG).
- Responsible for Records Retention (Litigation Hold).
- Perform Messaging Disaster Recovery and Message Classification.
- Perform tasks associated with application networking ports and protocols, Information Assurance (IA), routing and Local Area Network (LAN).
- Perform integration with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) certificates and network accounts to support two-factor authentication for all Active Directory (AD) domain account categories and eliminate the need for password-based authentication.
- Develop and integrate identity and access management requirements such as ForeFront Identity Manager, Oracle/Sun Identity, and Access Management.
- Design and perform Global Address List (GAL) for access via Outlook, Outlook Web Access, or other similar product.
- Execute system integration with WSUS (Windows Server Update Services), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2007/12, Host Based Security System (HBSS), external storage devices (utilizing Logical Unit Numbers (LUNs), quota distribution and File sharing), and virtualization specifically, but not limited to, VMware and Hyper-V.
- Perform system integration with, but not limited to, SQL 2008 r2 and server installation on various server hardware.
- Complete Backup (Disaster Recovery) using automated tools such as NetbackUp.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or related field and 10 years of relevant experience
- Active Top Secret/SCI
- Experience with upgrade, integration and upgrade for Exchange 2003-2008, Exchange 2010/2013, and Windows 2008R2/2012 R2.
- Experience with Outlook Anywhere, Windows PowerShell scripting, Group policy management, and Internet IIS.
- Must possess Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3 Foundation certification.
- ForeFront Identity Manager
- Oracle/Sun Identity
- Exchange Migration/Upgrade 2003-2008 upgrade
- Exchange 2010/2013, Windows 2008R2/2012 R2 upgrade
- Datacenter Activation Coordination (DAC)/Database Availability Group (DAG)
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES)
- Outlook Anywhere
- Outlook, Outlook Web Access
- Windows PowerShell
- Group policy management
- Internet IIS
- WSUS (Windows Server Update Services), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2007/12,
- SQL 2008 r2
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.