Leidos currently has an opening for a Facilities Management Engineer Analyst/Team Leader to work in the Washington DC area. This is an exciting opportunity to use your leadership experience helping the customer in its mission of national security. In this assignment we provide technical, analytical, management and support services to augment the customer’s vital mission.
- You will provide direct leadership to assigned team to include: disseminate information, interact with program manager and team to help manage change, manage the work flow and climate, and customer satisfaction; manage performance, approve performance goals and plans; write performance appraisals, and awards; provide training opportunities and assist with developing employees skills and guiding careers; conduct team meetings, monitor day to day work performance and responsibilities and approve timecards.
- Serve as an advisor and analyst to the Facilities Division Director for the customer, providing program and policy advice, analysis, guidance and direction on a range of subjects including Continuity of Operations (COOP), property management, facility management, phone service management, and supply and inventory management. After completing the Customer’s (IC) COOP training, may assume the duties as the Office’s COOP Coordinator.
At the discretion of the Facilities Division Director, you may:
- Oversee the planning and coordination of the customer’s COOP, emergency preparedness, and emergency operations programs, and support of the Office’s Continuity of Government (COG) activities. Responsible for research and fact-finding required for developing or modifying COOP plans; preparing detailed analyses of business processes; collecting of statistical and other related data in support of COOP; developing scenarios and “scripts” for validating continuity plans; and performing continuity plan testing.
- Develop and evaluate internal policies and procedures, and write correspondence, memoranda, or other documents relative to assigned activities, and assist with implementation of revised policies and procedures.
- Represent the office’s equities at meetings and working groups with DOE program offices, the IC, and other Departments and Agencies in support of COOP or Facilities matters, including the National Intelligence Community Emergency Management Panel (NICEMP). The NICEMP coordinates the IC’s emergency response to all hazard threats.
- Plan and coordinate office participation in the customer’s exercises and the National Level Exercise Program. Participation includes working through the Customer’s Continuity Program Office (CPO) and the Intelligence Community Exercise Forum (ICEF) to determine the extent of play, develop objectives, and manage and coordinate actual exercise play and participation, collect and analyze data generated during exercises and develop after action reports.
- Manage the Customer’s Corrective Action Program (CAP).
- Conduct analyses in support of business process improvements, including documentation of current processes and recommended changes to improve the efficiency of facility support activities, such as property accountability and facility management.
- Support activities for property accountability, facility management, space management, and other facility support activities, as assigned.
With an Engineering degree, you may:
- Support the Facilities Division Director and Facilities Engineer by providing professional engineering services and analysis regarding facility operations and maintenance, including space management, new secure space (SCIF) construction design, and construction oversight.
Oversees the development of specifications for construction and repair, and monitor construction/renovation contractor performance, as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college; fields such as engineering or business are desirable. 5+ years of experience
- Knowledge and understanding of analytical, quantitative and/or qualitative methods used to plan, design, and lead studies and projects that improve program effectiveness and efficiency of management processes and systems. These projects identify problems and devise a variety of administrative solutions.
- Knowledge and understanding of management and organization theory and principles to conduct studies and projects of issues, analyze findings, and make recommendations aimed at improving organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Skill in coordinating and advising on a number of complex issues and actions related to the ongoing operations and activities of a department level organization, and in compiling, analyzing and consolidating input from various information systems and sources into concise and coherent reports and presentations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with management and staff to present, defend, negotiate and clarify programs, decisions, and recommendations.
- Ability to act in a professional manner and represent the office when meeting with external organizations and stakeholders.
- Skill in writing clear, organized, succinct plans, reports, analyses, and recommendations.
- Ability to make clear and convincing presentations and arguments concerning complex management issues, and to advocate, defend, negotiate, and fully justify positions and recommendations.
- Ability to maintain sensitivity and discretion in dealing with highly confidential, sensitive, or controversial issues.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.