Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Next Generation Enterprise Network-Recompete (NGEN-R) Contract. This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps.
In support of this exciting program Leidos is looking to hire a Firewall/VPN Design Engineer in Quantico, VA to join our Team.
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The qualified candidate will assist the Government Lead in the daily engineering duties on systems. The Firewall/VPN Design Engineer will also provide Navy/Marine Corps, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) and Joint interoperability of network design, integration, and implementation. Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Design, integrate, and test complex large-scale computer networks.
- Design and evaluate communication hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot Local Area Network (LAN)/Base Area Network (BAN)/Wide Area Network (WAN) and other network related problems.
- Perform network routing utilizing Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) routing, and Virtual routing and forwarding (VRF).
- Perform network security utilizing VRF, Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), access control list (ACL), IPSec and Layer 2 Virtual Private Network (L2 VPNs).
- Monitors Rights Management Services for administrators, users and groups.
- Design the capabilities and features that allow end users to access internal and external web content via Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) and Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) protocols.
- Design the capabilities for caching and proxy to enhance information access and performance.
- Schedule conversions and cutovers and supports traffic analysis and traffic shaping design plans.
- Provide design and integration of multivendor solutions utilizing Cisco, Juniper, Brocade and other vendor technologies such as Juniper Security Appliances (SSL-VPN and VPN), McAfee Firewalls, and FortiGate Firewalls. Experience in telecommunications and/or data communications.
- Perform tasks associated with Stateful Packet Filtering Network Firewall, Application Firewall, and Web Application Firewall.
- Design Uniform Resource Locator (URL) filtering, anti-malware, HTTP and HTTPS inspections.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or related field and 10 years of relevant experience
- Active Top Secret/SCI
- Experience in telecommunications and/or data communications.
- Experience with the performance, design, and configuration of networks.
- Experience with Domain Name Server (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Portal (DHCP).
- Perform tasks associated with application networking ports and protocols, Information Assurance (IA), routing and LAN. Must possess Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3 Foundation certification.
- Must also possess professional-level certifications in one or more technology related vendor solutions such as Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Security, Fortinet Certified Network Security Professional (FCNSP), Juniper Networks Certified Specialist Security (JNCIP-SEC), Certified Modeling & Simulation Professional (CMSP), or equivalent certification, or demonstrate sufficient experience in lieu of certification.
- Juniper Security Appliances (SSL-VPN and VPN)
- McAfee Firewalls
- FortiGate Firewalls.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.