Leidos Enterprise and Cyber Solutions Defense Team is seeing Network expertise for a cutting edge program providing comprehensive Enterprise Network Operations for a valued client with unparalleled mission needs.
Active DOD Secret Clearance is required!
- Providing Tier 3 support to the Network Operations Center (NOC).
- Supporting an organization's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), customer networks, Intranet and Internet and other data communications systems or a segment of a network system.
- Assisting in managing the WLAN infrastructure and device configurations using Cisco DNA and Cisco Wireless LAN Controller (WLC)
- Serve as subject matter expert and/or liaison for evaluating Cisco products features and software revisions for integration into existing network architecture
- Performing necessary maintenance of network hardware and software to support network availability.
- Proactively identifying risks in the network and develop a plan to mitigate them. Provides support of numerous business requirements into telecommunications (e.g., LAN, MAN, WAN, Voice and Video).
- Demonstrating knowledge and experience with advanced networking qualifications including MPLS, BGP, OSPF, LAMBDA. LAN/MAN/WAN/Optical specialization.
- Utilizing common ticket systems (Remedy, ServiceNow) and common network management tools (HPOV, HPNA, Solarwinds, MNS, Netcool, etc).
- Performing hands on troubleshooting and fault isolation of IT business systems.
- Demonstrating understanding of the OSI model and configuration of routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS, BGP, LDP.
- Directs compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance.
- Troubleshoots wireless network performance issues.
- Analyzes wireless network traffic and provides capacity-planning solutions.
- Monitors and responds to complex technical control facility hardware and software problems.
- Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Manages the testing, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems.
- Monitors and responds to hardware, software, and network problems.
- Provides the routine testing and analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including power, software, and terminals).
- Utilizes software and hardware tools, identifies, and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
- Troubleshoots network systems when necessary and makes improvements to the network
- Bachelor of Science degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Cisco CCNA Security Certification (or CCNA).
- Must hold current DOD 8570 IAT III Certification CISSP, CASP
- Proven understanding of wireless architecture and CISCO wireless technologies
- Deep understanding of WLAN technologies, network management, and security, including IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN standards and industry best practices
- Strong Wireless Network Troubleshooting and configuration skills
- Advanced networking qualifications including MPLS, BGP, OSPF, LAMBDA. LAN/MAN/WAN/Optical specialization.
- Utilization of common ticket systems (Remedy, ServiceNow) and common network management tools (HPOV, HPNA, Solarwinds, MNS, Netcool, etc).
- Hands on troubleshooting and fault isolation of IT business systems.
- Strong understanding of the OSI model and configuration of routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS, BGP, LDP. Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, Juniper JNCIA, JNCIS, or JNCIE, ITIL Foundations, and/or CISSP
- MUST have an active Secret Clearance.
The Army Corps of Engineers – Information Technology (ACE-IT) provides secure enterprise-wide IT and information management support services to more than 40,000 USACE end users located throughout the Continental U.S. (CONUS) and outside the Continental U.S. (OCONUS). ACE-IT is the enterprise IT service delivery team for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, supporting mission requirements using a site-specific support model aligned along the USACE Regional Business Centers.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.