The Defense Group of Leidos program is seeking a senior-level IT Service Management (ITSM) Event Management Process Manager to support efforts for NGEN-R.
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The candidate will be responsible for processes, procedures, work instructions and Event Management oversight to optimize prediction and correction of out-of-synch conditions for NGEN-R services.
The successful candidate has the opportunity to shape this position from the very beginning. The job begins with transition activities that include analyzing and reviewing as-is processes and procedures, process interfaces, performance levels, tools, and skills to facilitate transition of ITSM governance from the incumbent contractor to Leidos. Next, gap analysis will be performed to baseline the Event Management system. Following a successful transition, the candidate will be responsible to perform ongoing governance and continual process improvement to optimize performance and efficiency of the Event Management people, processes, and tools.
- Support Leidos team interviews and Program Partnering Workshops to capture data and knowledge specific to job functions.
- Baseline historical process performance
- Verify and report network and service component baseline settings
- Support the performance of Gap Analyses - Review documentation & validate against what is done. Validate workflows, problem escalation rules, and roles.
- Establish & maintain transparent and respectful working relationships with Government & Incumbent leadership by site, team members, and Leidos representatives.
- Monitor and report on process KPIs
- Report Event Management status
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or a Master's with 6+ years of experience
- Demonstrated experience managing the implementation and operation of ITSM processes aligned with ITIL framework
- Experience with the implementation and operation of ITSM processes
- Currently possess an active DoD Secret Clearance
- Understanding of key ITSM processes including Demand Management, Availability Management, Capacity Management, and Service Level Management to ensure that they are consistently deployed, executed, and continuously improved in alignment with business requirements.
- Must have directly demonstrated expertise in systems documentation
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level III
- ITIL v3 certification(s) or ITIL 4 Foundation certification(s)
- Ability to work as a team member to meet customer requirements
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3 Expert certification or
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3 Master certification or
- ITIL 4 Strategic Leader certification
- Experience with Navy Process Reference Model (NPRM)
- Experience with USMC Enterprise ITSM Framework processes
- Ability to provide ITSM process training
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to spa[email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.