Leidos’ Government Health & Safety Solutions group is looking for an Applications Engineer Level I to support Office of Medicare Hearings and Appeals (OMHA) to maintain, enhance and stabilize their Level 3 Medicare - Electronic Case Adjudication and Processing Environment (ECAPE) in Chantilly, VA.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
Specific roles and responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Work as part of a fast-paced team to perform object-oriented application development using entellitrak as the foundation.
- Analyze functional requirements and troubleshoot application code issues utilizing a variety of tools and technologies
- Work closely with other developers and quality assurance engineers to create fixes and enhancements to applications.
- Deliver high-quality software that will delight and astound our customers
- Communicate technical and non-technical information clearly, answer technical questions from customers, and be able provide efficient technical solutions to problems.
- Responsibilities also include writing technical documentation.
- BS degree and 4– 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- 3+ years of experience with Web Application and Relational Database (SQL Server, Oracle), experience with and functional
- Understanding of database structure.
- Understanding of J2EE Architecture (JBoss, Apache, Tomcat, etc.) and deployment procedures.
- Experience with Agile Methodology
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving abilities as well as attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and successfully manage competing/changing priorities
- HHS EPLC lifecycle experience and documentation
- Requires ability to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance.
- Prior experience with workflow or data transaction solutions preferred.
- Prior experience with Case Management platforms (Entellitrak preferred.)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.