Leidos’ Government Health & Safety Solutions group is looking for a Business Analyst to support Office of Medicare Hearings and Appeals (OMHA) to maintain, enhance and stabilize their Level 3 Medicare - Electronic Case Adjudication and Processing Environment (ECAPE) in Chantilly, VA.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
The Business Analyst is a customer-centric role to elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of project sponsors and stakeholders. This includes interviewing stakeholders for gathering and compiling detailed user requirements and developing business process flows to convey to development teams throughout the project lifecycle. This position requires leadership, business and technical competencies and the ability to apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help support the development process. The BA will ensure project deliverables fully satisfy business needs.
Specific roles and responsibilities for the Business Analyst position include but not limited to the following:
- Serves as liaison between technology and business end-users
- Elicits requirements from OMHA stakeholders. Translates, simplifies and analyzes the feasibility of requirements to promote business process and solution design efficiency
- Translates conceptual user needs into functional business requirements in a clear manner to development teams
- Formulates, defines and verifies business cases as well as business and solutions requirements based on both business and user needs
- Works with Delivery teams to drive alignment of solutions with business strategies and business capability requirements
- Consults with customers to develop process flows reflecting business process requirements
- Manages requirements and issues, leveraging tools such as JIRA
- Verifies solutions align with requirements
- Conducts reviews to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted
- Communicates changes, enhancements, and modifications to project managers, sponsors and other stakeholders
- Formulates, documents and verifies user stories, acceptance criteria, process flows, and mockups
- Plays a key role in UAT efforts
- Supports the development of release notes, user guides, training materials, etc.
- Participates in the implementation, and provides post-implementation support
- BS degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- 3+ years of experience in Agile Methodology
- Diversified experience across multiple business domains and functional areas is preferred
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving abilities as well as attention to detail
- Must possess strong interpersonal and information gathering skills and the ability to relate well to others at all levels throughout the organization
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and successfully manage competing/changing priorities
- HHS EPLC lifecycle experience and documentation
- Requires ability to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance.
Additional Skills (Desired):
- Entellitrak administration knowledge and experience will be plus.
- Medicare claims knowledge
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.