Leidos is seeking a Development Environment Lead who wants to work on a new agile DevSecOp project in an IC DoD customer space. Leidos is building a new team to develop new structure and applications for our customer. We are looking for a collaborative and forward leaning individual who wants to tackle challenges and be a part of creating innovative solutions. In return, Leidos will invest in you with a new enhanced leave plan, generous 401k, and training to name just a few great benefits. Ready to tackle your next challenge - then we want you on our team.
This role leads the Foundation Services Team to design, develop, and maintain the DevSecOps ecosystem being used by the DIA customer and its Mission Teams. This role performs software development, including the design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging of software for DevSecOps pipeline implementation and enhancements. This role develops software to enable Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) cloud offerings as well as on-premises IT infrastructure. Serves in a position of leadership over critical objectives where decision making is of utmost concern to the outcome.
- Lead the Foundation Services Team to design, develop, and maintain a DevSecOps ecosystem used by DIA and Mission Teams.
- Perform software development, including the design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging of software for DevSecOps pipeline implementation and enhancements.
- Develop software to enable Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) cloud offerings as well as on-premises IT infrastructure.
- Responsible for technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding a DevSecOps ecosystem.
- Evaluate alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems from design, implementation, and maintenance.
- Perform systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance.
- Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the DevSecOps ecosystem and supporting functions.
- Serve in a position of leadership over critical objectives where decision making is of utmost concern to the outcome of supporting DIA, Mission Teams, and other IC related users of data.
- May mentor and supervise others.
- Possess experience in planning and leading large technology projects including DevSecOps CI/CD capabilities.
- Possess experience and expert technical knowledge in designing and developing a DevSecOps CI/CD environment and developing software to enable Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) cloud offerings as well as on-premises IT infrastructure.
- Possess expert domain knowledge of delivering a DevSecOps ecosystem including installation, configuration, and integration of software products and tools bolstered with significant experience and advanced education and training; may be recognized within the technical community as a leader in his/her field.
- Possess experience within the DevSecOps field that includes extensive accomplishments, recognition by peers, training, and/or certifications directly related to the discipline.
- Possess the ability to negotiate complex scenarios and challenges and devise courses of action to resolve situations with predictable outcomes that satisfy customer needs.
- Possess ability for decision making and domain knowledge that may have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
- Possess experience in providing technical/management leadership over major tasks or technology assignments.
- Possess experience in engaging with senior management.
- Possess ability to mentor, supervise and manage team members.
- The candidate must have a minimum of a Master's degree with 15-20 years of experience; or a Doctorate with 13-16 years of experience. Years of experience may be used in lieu of degree.
US Citizenship is required.
TS/SCI with Poly required.
- Doctorate with 13-16 years of relevant prior experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.