Leidos is seeking a Data Engineer who wants to work on a new agile DevSecOp project in an IC DoD customer space. Leidos is building a new team to develop new structure and applications for our customer. We are looking for a collaborative and forward leaning individual who wants to tackle challenges and be a part of creating innovative solutions. In return, Leidos will invest in you with a new enhanced leave plan, generous 401k, and training to name just a few great benefits. Ready to tackle your next challenge - then we want you on our team.
This role ensures high quality data is available for use by other team members. This role designs, implements, and maintains standard data interfaces for data ingest including Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) methodology and implementation, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), RESTful Web Services, data quality, and data cleansing.
- Ensure high quality data is available for use by other team members in the IC DoD customer space.
- Design, implement, and maintain standard data interfaces for data ingest including Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) methodology and implementation, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), RESTful Web Services, data quality, and data cleansing.
- Design and develop methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured, diverse sources including “big data” sources.
- Develop and use advanced software programs, algorithms, query techniques, models complex business problems, and automated processes to cleanse, integrate, and evaluate data sets.
- Analyze the requirements and evaluate technologies for data science capabilities including Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning (ML), predictive modeling, statistical analysis and hypothesis testing.
- Collaborate across a team of Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and Data Administrators to produce trusted data supporting IC business and mission customers.
- Work with cross-discipline teams to ensure connectivity between various data sources and business problems.
- Identify meaningful data related insights and interprets and communicates findings and recommendations across the customer domain.
- Maintain awareness of emerging analytics and big-data technologies.
- Provides technical/management leadership on major data related projects and tasks or technology assignments. Decision making and domain knowledge may have a critical impact on overall project implementation.
- Interact in client negotiations and interface with senior management.
- Establish goals and plans that meet project objectives of ensuring high quality data for customer users.
- May mentor and supervise others.
- Demonstrated domain and expert technical knowledge in providing high quality data to customers including Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning (ML), predictive modeling, statistical analysis, hypothesis testing, emerging analytics, and big-data technologies.
- Experience in developing and using advanced software programs, algorithms, and query techniques, modeling complex business problems, and automating processes to cleanse, integrate, and evaluate data sets.
- Experience in making decisions and providing expert knowledge having a critical impact on overall project implementation for providing high quality data to customers.
- Experience establishing goals and plans to meet project objectives.
- Experience interacting with clients at a senior level.
- Experience reviewing other people’s work to produce high quality data for IC customers and ensuring connectivity between various data sources and business problems.
- Experience mentoring, supervising and managing team members.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor's degree with 12-15 years of experience; or Master's degree with 10-13 years of experience. Years of experience may be used in lieu of degree.
US Citizenship is required.
TS/SCI with Poly required.
- Doctorate in a technical field.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.