Leidos is seeking a Database Engineer who wants to work on a new agile DevSecOp project in an IC DoD customer space. Leidos is building a new team to develop new structure and applications for our customer. We are looking for a collaborative and forward leaning individual who wants to tackle challenges and be a part of creating innovative solutions. In return, Leidos will invest in you with a new enhanced leave plan, generous 401k, and training to name just a few great benefits. Ready to tackle your next challenge - then we want you on our team.
This role performs data management tasks. This includes data design, data structure identification, database schema definition, data access privilege management, data query optimization, documentation, database instance upgrades, long-range requirements, operational guidelines, and data protection. Work is performed under supervision.
- Perform data management tasks. This includes data design, data structure identification, database schema definition, data access privilege management, data query optimization, documentation, database instance upgrades, long-range requirements, operational guidelines, and data protection tasks.
- Enter and review data within the database, ensure user data integrity, maintain database support tools, database tables and dictionaries, recovery and back-up procedures, and make recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements.
- Apply fundamental data management concepts, processes, practices, and procedures on database technical assignments relying on practical experience and training.
- Keep team members and supervisors informed of progress on all tasks.
- Possess knowledge of technical requirements in administering databases, which includes data design, data structure identification, database schema definition, data access privilege management, data query optimization, documentation, database instance upgrades, long-range requirements, operational guidelines, and data protection concepts.
- Possess ability to apply expertise on work assignments.
- Possess ability to work in a team situation while being responsible for individual progress.
- The candidate must have a minimum of a Bachelor's degree with 2-4 years of experience. Years of experience may be used in lieu of degree.
US Citizenship is required.
TS/SCI with Poly required.
- Master’s with less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.