The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Sr. Systems Engineer Level 4 to work on customer site at Ft. Belvoir, VA.
The Systems Engineer will support the US Army INSCOM IT Support Services program. The ideal candidate will lead the team that is responsible for the engineering, maintenance and support of core technologies that host business systems including virtual Server Infrastructure, Storage Area Network, Server Operating Systems, Active Directory, Server Hardware and Server Monitoring and Management Technology. This individual acts in a supporting role to other branches across the organization to ensure that the organization's information technology infrastructure is operating securely, reliably and efficiently.
- Responsible for all engineering projects or processes spanning multiple technical areas, from analysis of mission needs to verification of system performance
- Manages the hands-on day-to-day issues related to engineering activities and operations including security and maintenance
- Develops solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact multiple area or disciplines.
- Analyze user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications
- Analyze system requirements, leads design and development activities, and meets all technical requirements related to engineering
- Guide users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies
- Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology
- Incorporate new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations
- Develop, review and/or approve system architecture and engineering documentation to ensure that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete
- Guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans
- Establish a process to formally and proactively control and manage changes to requirements, consider impacts prior to commitment to change, gain stakeholder buy-in, eliminate ambiguity, ensure traceability to source requirements, and track and settle open actions
- Responsible for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility
- Provides expert guidance and direction to Government and Vendor senior level technicians and managers
- Directs multiple contractor and subcontractors teams through to project completion.
- Master's degree in a technology related field with 6+ years of experience in Systems/Network Engineering, or Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively interface with military officials, managers, and subordinates
- Currently possess DoD 8570.01M certification at IAT Level II, such as Security+ CE
- Currently possess Computing Environment certification such as CCNP, CCSP, MCSE or Role-based Microsoft Certified Expert in relevant area
- Currently possess an active TS/SCI
- Knowledge of PowerShell and the ability to write custom scripts for various purposes
- ITILv3 certification
- DoD 8570.01 certification at IAT Level III, such as CISSP
- DoD 8570.01 certification at IA Workforce System Architecture and Engineering (IASAE) Level I, such as CASP CE, CISSP (or Associate), CSSLP
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 39,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.