Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook. We know once you join our team, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
Leidos is seeking a mid-level Systems Administrator to conduct peripheral testing and accreditation activities on a large enterprise IT contract for the DOD. This role provides technical hardware compatibility testing, system connectivity and functionality testing, and RMF+ accreditation preparation by testing hardware compatibility and compliance with government ICD 503 standards and preparing the findings to support final for authority to operate (ATO) authorization.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
This role is responsible for technical testing, test planning, verification and validation, documentation and fielding of new hardware and peripherals to ensure ICD 503 compatibility and standards compliance and recommendation for ATO. This individual will make sure all new hardware, peripherals and drivers are compatible with the current build and are functioning correctly prior to submitting for final ATO. Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop, collaborate, and implement technical testing plans and suggest solutions
- Conduct test plan execution on hardware and peripherals
- Following testing processes as outlined in RMF+ for ICD 503 compliance
- Evaluate and document test results
- Provide general system administration mentoring and training to 24/7/365 personnel
- Develop and update technical solutions, operations, and maintenance documentation for 24/7/365 personnel
- Review and evaluate junior team member’s work
- Possibly mentor and supervise junior team members
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or a Master’s Degree with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP)
- ACTIVE TS/SCI with Polygraph required for consideration
- Experience supporting, testing and troubleshooting IT hardware and peripherals
- Experience establishing plans that meet project objectives
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Knowledge of ICD 503 standards
- Experience with RMF+ processes, concepts, and tools to be able to complete technology assignments
- Experience documenting detailed testing results for ATO following RMF+ processes
- Experience working independently on testing activities in support of a client
- Experience interfacing with team members and clients on requirements and solutions
- Develop and recommend solutions that will be compliant and will ensure interoperability if implemented
- Analyze and assess risk of systems integrations and recommend solutions to mitigate the risks.
- Experience reviewing others technical work and providing effective feedback
- Experience mentoring and supervising junior team members
HOW TO STAND OUT (Preferred Qualifications):
- Knowledge of Risk Management Framework+ (RMF+)
- Knowledge of Intelligence Community Directives 503 (ICD 503)
Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.