The Leidos Corporation is seeking an Office 365 architect for the NEST program. NEST is an IT Services program supporting customers within NASA. The program provides a range of managed IT services, including Service Desk, desk side support, Windows, Mac and Linux workstation engineering and maintenance, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, among others.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced engineer looking to work on a large complex program serving over 60,000 users – in the US and internationally.
The Office 365 architect is responsible for driving the definition and execution of the collaboration services within the NASA environment.
This will include Microsoft Exchange and SharePoint and how those technologies can integrate with other solutions such as Cisco WebEx, Jabber, ServiceNow, etc.
The individual selected for this position should have a broad technical background spanning many of the technical areas supported by the program. The candidate should have the ability to multitask and juggle numerous priorities. The ability to clearly articulate technical messages for a variety of audiences including CIOs, CTOs, both through written and verbal means, will be a critical skill necessary for success in this position.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Responsible for the technical direction of the portfolio of NASA programs. This includes evaluating technologies and creating a strategy and associated roadmaps to introduce those technologies into the environment.
• The Office 365 architect will work the key customer contacts (e.g., CIO, CTO) to help drive technology introduction and advise them on technical directions.
• Develop customer technical responses and will review technical deliverables developed by other team members, prepare weekly technical status reports, support proposals and other new business activities, and other duties as required.
This position will be virtual with regular visits to various NASA sites, especially Huntsville, AL.
• Experience as an IT systems engineer.
• Experience in delivering and operating IT solutions in a large enterprises.
• Demonstrated Microsoft Office 365 experience in Exchange, SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive, etc.
• Project management experience.
• Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information. US Citizenship is required. Current clearance is not required.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience in leading teams delivering some of the following technologies:
o Architecture and design of various solutions: Software solutions: web-based, database (e.g., Oracle, Microsoft SQL) focused; Infrastructure for desktops and server support
o Managed services solutions (e.g., Help Desk, Desktop Management, Data Center management, etc.)
o Windows operating system (e.g. Windows 10, Windows Server 2016)
o IT infrastructure components such as Active Directory
o ITSM systems (such as ServiceNow or Remedy) and integrations with key infrastructure components
o Software Development utilizing Agile
o Cloud-based Architectures (e.g. AWS or Azure)
• Past experience as an Office 365 implementation engineer
• Past experience with the NASA
• ITIL Foundations
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or equivalent years of experience.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.