The Defense Group of Leidos is seeking a VIP/User Support Lead to support efforts for NGEN-R.
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
This position will manage all elements of user support to include; Team lead for VIP Services, Field Services and Seat Support Services.
The VIP/User Support Lead is responsible for leading a team of personnel in the on-time delivery of User Services. Responsible for planning, organizing, securing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific User Support goals and objectives. Duties may include ensuring that all User Support functions run within scope, time, and budget constraints. Also interfaces with task and functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate a cross-functional team’s activities to manage VIP and User services.
- Determine, monitor, and review all assigned project economics to include costs, staffing requirements, sub-contractors, resources, and risk.
- Identify and assemble the appropriate blend of resources to meet VIP and User services needs and requirements including sub-contractor selection.
- Facilitate status review meetings among project team members and clients.
- Work with senior management on project estimates, and schedules.
- Mentor and train the User Support staff in methods, procedures, and activities.
- Coach and counsel members of cross-functional teams to accomplish project goals, to meet established schedules, and resolve technical or operational issues.
- Identify and recommend contingency measures in the event of User Support issues.
- Facilitate the creation of communication plans, ensuring that appropriate information is exchanged among key stakeholders.
- Advise senior management on project status.
- BS degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+-years of prior relevant experience
- US Citizen and a Secret DoD security clearance
- Security + (Can be obtained within 3 months of hire)
- Hands-on experience with a variety of Service Delivery Functions.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to lead and work in a matrix organization and communicate effectively with peers, subordinates and program leadership
- Willing to be on-call
- The ability to obtain a DoD TS Secret Clearance
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create technical reports and analytical briefings
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.