As a Database Administrator, join our program to support the transformation of GEOINT data exploitation and storage among the analyst community. Develop intuitive software solutions and integrate the computer vision and structured observation management production and storage architecture with the Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise.
We are a geographically dispersed team, primarily located in the WMA, operating in multi-level security domains, including both cloud and non-cloud environments, following the SAFe Agile methodology. Our program seeks to develop and operate at the lowest possible classification and fosters a program culture that offers the potential for flexible work schedules and telework. This position can be located in the following locations: Gaithersburg MD, Alexandria VA, Chantilly VA, or Tucson AZ.
This position will work with a team to provide product capabilities for open, standards-based storage and dissemination services for structured observation management data that are used by mission stakeholders.
- Maintains the integrity, security and availability of multiple database(s)
- Duties include disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data
- Administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database
- Evaluates and recommends available database management system (DBMS) products
- Performs database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements.
- Performs Oracle, SQL Server, SYBASE, and other DBMS Database and Application server administration
- Organizes and formats data for efficient query and storage processes
- Must have in depth DBA knowledge in open source DB (PostgreSQL, Mysql ) OR in COTS DB (Oracle, SQLServer, AWS RDS)
- BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to write optimized SQL statements and procedures
- Experience in one or more COTS AND Open Source DBA tasks
- Proven database maintenance experience
- Experience with Object-relational Mapping (ORM) tools and frameworks like Hibernate or Django
- Experience with geospatial objects and queries
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.