As a MBSE Systems Engineer, join our program to support the transformation of GEOINT data exploitation and storage among the analyst community. Develop intuitive software solutions and integrate the computer vision and structured observation management production and storage architecture with the Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise.
We are a geographically dispersed team, primarily located in the WMA, operating in multi-level security domains, including both cloud and non-cloud environments, following the SAFe Agile methodology. Our program seeks to develop and operate at the lowest possible classification and fosters a program culture that offers the potential for flexible work schedules and telework. This position can be located in the following locations: Gaithersburg MD, Alexandria VA, Chantilly VA, Charlottesville VA, Tucson AZ, St Louis, MO or Melbourne FL.
This position will work with a team to work off solution enablers from the solution backlog, decomposing enablers into features and smaller enablers for the Agile Release Trains to develop during a Program Increment.
- Work with team to define the technical vision for the solution
- Create testable and executable models
- Works with the customer and external systems to understand interfaces and technical requirements, and analyzes technical trade-offs
- Supports Set-Based Design activities and enables continuous delivery of technologies into our program ecosystem.
- Conducts research and trade studies to develop technical use cases and system requirements.
- Evaluate prototypes and alternate candidate solutions using objective criteria
- Considers Intentional Design vs. Emergent Design
- Prioritizes reuse and refactoring over new custom code creation while minimizing integration code that limits flexibility.
- Prioritizes an intuitive, consistent look and feel across applications.
- Leverages SAFe Test-First practices to help teams build quality into their products early, facilitating the continuous small changes and drive a Continuous Delivery Pipeline.
- BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Familiarity with a MBSE approach and tools or experience with framework/approach similar to MBSE
- Experience developing testable and executable models using model standards ( information compliance and storage, modeling notations, meta-information storage, tools properties and configurations)
- Demonstrable knowledge of systems engineering concepts (requirements, design, etc.), systems engineering processes, and applying these concepts to software-intensive systems
- Experience designing, integrating and configuring systems
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose complex system problems and develop innovative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities
- Ability to work well/collaborate with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, and other systems engineers, architects, software developers, management in the development of complex software systems
- Experience with SAFe and Agile methodologies
- Translating exploitation requirements into decomposable user stories.
- Knowledge and understanding of OpenLayers/Google Maps/ArcGIS APIs and Google Earth/KML
- Experience using collaboration tools such as Jira, rockchat and confluence
- Experience and domain knowledge related to GEOINT analysis
- Experience with SecDevOps and CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with software systems integration and incremental software development
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.