As an Agile Product Lead, join our program to support the transformation of GEOINT data exploitation and storage among the analyst community. Develop intuitive software solutions and integrate the computer vision and structured observation management production and storage architecture with the Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise.
We are a geographically dispersed team, primarily located in the WMA, operating in multi-level security domains, including both cloud and non-cloud environments, following the SAFe Agile methodology. Our program seeks to develop and operate at the lowest possible classification and fosters a program culture that offers the potential for flexible work schedules and telework. This position can be located in Gaithersburg MD, Alexandria VA, Chantilly VA, or Tucson AZ.
This position will work to support one of three products that provide capabilities 1) for our user’s primary user experience for producing imagery-derived structure data and to enable our users to discover, access and user computer vision capabilities in their workflow, 2) for open, standards-based storage and dissemination services for structured observation management data that are used by mission stakeholders or 3) for evaluating, configuring, and deploying computer vision algorithms into the processing framework.
• Develop, implement, coordinate employee redeployment actions to and from orders as needed to meet demand signals
• Project engineering staffing needs and proactively work with Human Resources and Talent Acquisition to fill gaps as required
• Develop and implement staffing, training and skillset transformation plans which meet the skill mix and staffing efficiency requirements of the standing engineering organizations and projects
• Develop and implement rewards/recognition and career growth initiatives for team members
• Create a culture which drives continuously improved service delivery
• Provide input to backlog refinement activities
Product Business Ownership
• Understand and help ensure that business objectives are understood and agreed to by key stakeholders of the train, including the Release Train Engineer (RTE), Product Management, and System Architects
• Prepare to communicate and actively circulate the business context, including Milestones and significant external dependencies, such as those of Suppliers
• Provide relevant elements of the business context in the defined PI planning agenda timebox
• Are ready and available to participate in key activities, including the presentation of vision, draft plan review, assigning business value to team PI objectives, and approving final plans
• Watch for significant external commitments and dependencies
• Participate in the management review and problem-solving meeting to review and adjust scope, resolve problems and compromise as necessary
• Actively participate in maintaining business and development alignment as priorities and scope inevitably change
• Help validate the definition of Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) for Program Epics and guide the pivot-or-persevere decision based on delivery of the MVP
• Attend the System Demo to view progress and provide feedback
• Attend Agile team Iteration Planning and Iteration Retrospective events, as required
• Participate in Release Management, focusing on scope, quality, deployment options, release, and market considerations
• Participate and provide feedback from the Solution Demo regarding the capabilities and subsystems being built by the ART Actively address impediments—especially those that escalate beyond the authority of the key stakeholders on the train
• Help drive investment in the Continuous Delivery Pipeline to improve the responsiveness of the ART and quality of its solutions
• Help break silos to align development and operations to create a DevOps culture of shared responsibilities
- BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Possesses broad knowledge base with key IT technologies, system engineering, IT processes and life cycle methodologies, technical project execution and management, and IT modernization and transformation
- Experience and ability to successfully negotiate and influence others to understand and accept new concepts, practices and approaches
- Ability to drive employee culture change and transformation
- Prior experience managing remote employees and teleworkers
- Ability to work collaboratively in a flexible and adaptive manner with a range of executives, team members, and clients
- Ability to create clarity in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to focus on innovation pragmatically in conjunction with and with appreciation for the larger organization
- Ability to combine appreciation for agile-at-scale, systems thinking, and “product stuff”
- Ability to build trust, empathy and relationships with clients in any environment
- Ability to demonstrate varying levels of expertise in the product management craft for PO training, product management coaching, and assisting client leadership teams in prioritizing investments
- SAFe Agilist Certification
- Scrum Alliance Scrum Master Certification (CSM)
- Strong knowledge of DevOps tools and processes
- Experience using Agile tracking tools, preferably Jira and Confluence
- Experience in utilizing diverse metrics to drive team improvement
- Experience with Geospatial exploitation tools: RemoteView Pro, SocetGXP, ENVI, ArcGIS
- Experience working with distributed teams
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.