As a Release Manager, join our program to support the transformation of GEOINT data exploitation and storage among the analyst community. Develop intuitive software solutions and integrate the computer vision and structured observation management production and storage architecture with the Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise.
We are a geographically dispersed team, primarily located in the WMA, operating in multi-level security domains, including both cloud and non-cloud environments, following the SAFe Agile methodology. Our program seeks to develop and operate at the lowest possible classification and fosters a program culture that offers the potential for flexible work schedules and telework. This position can be located in the following locations: Gaithersburg MD, Alexandria VA, Chantilly VA, or Tucson AZ.
This position will work with our sustainment and development teams to ensure the successful verification, deployment and maintenance of quality products in operations. Our products provide capabilities 1) for our user’s primary user experience for producing imagery-derived structure data and to enable our users to discover, access and user computer vision capabilities in their workflow, 2) for open, standards-based storage and dissemination services for structured observation management data that are used by mission stakeholders or 3) for evaluating, configuring, and deploying computer vision algorithms into the processing framework.
- Work/collaborate closely with the Development and Sustainment teams, key personnel and agile product leadership
- Coordinates with the Government Verification and Validation Group to conduct independent final release testing and ensure system is ready for deployment to Operations.
- Tracks DRs produced during final release testing as well as continuous integration testing and communicates these bugs to the team for prioritization and resolution
- Works/Coordinates with the product manager and operations manager to gain approval to deploy using Operations Readiness Checklist
- Addresses enterprise requirements for approval to deploy software (Software Approval Process [SWAP] and Office of the Chief Information Officer [OCIO] whitelist)
- Ensures the proper development and timely delivery of release notes, software version documents and other supporting documentation as needed
- Coordinates release patches with the product leadership and teams as well as the Government
- Tracks the completion of all features and tracks whether a feature has DRs that must be worked in the current release.
- At least 2+ years’ experience working as a software Release Manager for large scale systems using agile methodology
- BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Experience with release management with emphasis on deployment of a product with multiple internal and external dependencies
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Demonstrable knowledge with managing and overseeing entire release management cycle to include hotfixes, defect tracking, production operations status reporting
- Knowledge of systems engineering concepts (requirements, design, etc.), systems engineering processes, and applying these concepts to software-intensive systems and release management cadence
- Excellent project management and planning skills. Sustained track record of successfully managing multiple programs/projects concurrently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with testers, systems engineers, architects, software developers, management as well as ability to work with multiple teams to release software
- Familiarity with agile software development processes and products (release and sprint planning, product backlog management/refinement, retrospectives, etc.)
- Experience with use of tools such as Atlassian Jira and Confluence
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities
- Ability to work well/collaborate with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience as well as working within a team environment;
- Experience and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Experience with GEOINT tools and processes
• Security+ Certification
• Strong knowledge of DevOps tools and processes
• Experience in utilizing diverse metrics to drive team improvement
• Experience working with distributed teams
• Translating exploitation requirements into decomposable user stories.
• Requirements analysis to validate requirements and/ or recommend changes
• Experience with Geospatial exploitation tools: RemoteView Pro, SocetGXP, ENVI, ArcGIS
• Technical knowledge of the following is welcome:
o Amazon Web Services.
o Experience working with (installing, configuring, and using) COTS
o Java EE, JSP, EJB, PHP
o OpenLayers/Google Maps/ArcGIS APIs
o Google Earth/KML
o Eclipse/Ant/Anthill/ Subversion/Git/JIRA/ Jenkins CI
o JBoss EAP
o Apache HTTP Server
o Restful, SOAP and OGC web service development
o Esri, IGS, Exellis, and Boundless product
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.