"As a Product Owner, join our program to support the transformation of GEOINT data exploitation and storage among the analyst community. Develop intuitive software solutions and integrate the computer vision and structured observation management production and storage architecture with the Intelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise. Leidos is seeking varying experience levels for this position to include Junior, Senior, Master and SME.
We are a geographically dispersed team, primarily located in the WMA, operating in multi-level security domains, including both cloud and non-cloud environments, following the SAFe Agile methodology. Our program seeks to develop and operate at the lowest possible classification and fosters a program culture that offers the potential for flexible work schedules and telework. This position can be located in the following locations: Gaithersburg MD, Alexandria VA, Chantilly VA, or Tucson AZ.
This position will work to support one of three products or our sustainment team. Our products provide capabilities 1) for our user’s primary user experience for producing imagery-derived structure data and to enable our users to discover, access and user computer vision capabilities in their workflow, 2) for open, standards-based storage and dissemination services for structured observation management data that are used by mission stakeholders or 3) for evaluating, configuring, and deploying computer vision algorithms into the processing framework. Our sustainment team that performs a broad range of activities from processing a new or modified data type from an existing source, to incorporating a new collector type, to modifying structure observation management systems or application design, source code and/or COTS upgrades, incorporating a new phenomenology, redesign of critical interfaces, adapting a system or application to a new platform (hardware, and/or operating systems), and testing (verification, validation, and security).
- Work with other POs and leadership to help shape the product vision and enumerate high-level priorities
- Prepare for and participate in Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Consistently refine and prepare program backlog
- Build, edit, prioritize and maintain the team backlog
- Progressively elaborate requirements and suggestions from stakeholders and the team
- Work with an Agile Scrum team to develop and scrub stories in order to ensure accurate story estimates and sequencing
- Collaborate with the team to detail story acceptance criteria and examples in the form of acceptance tests
- Prioritize backlog items based on user value, time, and other team dependencies determined in the PI planning meeting and refined during the PI
- Communicate story detail and priorities and ensure the team aligns and agrees on a final iteration plan
- Validate that stories meet acceptance criteria and the team’s Definition of Done when the team is ready for story review
- Be available to answer the team’s questions to clarify current sprint work
- Collaborate with the team and any other stakeholders in the Sprint Demo and participate in the Iteration Retrospective
- Coordinate dependencies with other POs and work across teams to define and implement improvement stories that will increase the velocity and quality of the program
- Participate in the preparation of the PI system demo
- Work with users and stakeholders to collect feedback to incorporate into the backlog
- Communicate regularly with the team, stakeholders, and users
- Anticipate stakeholder needs
- Act as liaison between stakeholders and the team
- Evaluate product progress and quality
- Prior Agile and Scrum experience
- Demonstrate the ability to understand the scope of upcoming work, and collaborate with System and Solution Architect/Engineering to assist with decision-making and sequencing of the critical technological infrastructures that will host the new business functionality.
- Strong communication skills to interact with both the teams and customers
- Ability to translate requirements, feedback, and requests into Epics and Stories
- Story writing experience to meet INVEST criteria
- Capacity to work well in groups and the ability to lead
- Experience using Agile tracking tools, preferably Jira and Confluence
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passion and a continuous-improvement mind-set
- Problem solving skills
• Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) or equivalent PO certification
• SAFe Agilist or other SAFe Certification
• Security+ Certification
• Strong knowledge of DevOps tools and processes
• Experience in utilizing diverse metrics to drive team and product improvement
• Experience working with distributed teams
• Experience with Geospatial exploitation tools: RemoteView Pro, SocetGXP, ENVI, ArcGIS
• Additional technical knowledge is welcome:
o Amazon Web Services.
o Experience working with (installing, configuring, and using) COTS
o Java EE, JSP, EJB, PHP
o OpenLayers/Google Maps/ArcGIS APIs
o Google Earth/KML
o Eclipse/Ant/Anthill/ Subversion/Git/JIRA/ Jenkins CI
o JBoss EAP
o Apache HTTP Server
o Restful, SOAP and OGC web service development
o Esri, IGS, Exellis, and Boundless product
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.