Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a Geospatial Systems Software Engineer to join our team to support a highly visible, fast-paced U.S. Army program. This position requires an active TS/SCI clearance. As a Geospatial Systems Software Engineer you will perform detailed software design and detailed database conversion design, and are directly involved in the coding and implementation of the more complex and strategic portions of application software and database conversion projects. The successful candidate will have software engineering experience creating, testing, and deploying geospatial software solutions into production environments and be proficient in ESRI product languages, programming languages, Internet markup languages, and other technologies. Ideal candidates also have strong organizational skills, be attentive to detail, have strong written and verbal communication skills, and be able to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders, providing onsite support at a customer facility.
Primary Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Optimize and develop geospatial systems, software and databases for visualization and analysis in 2D and 3D environments.
- Deploy solutions onto operational networks at end user sites.
- Conduct experimentation, testing, and evaluation on state of the art geospatial systems and software.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to complex engineering problems
- Integrate COTS / GOTS applications into product baseline in support of delivery to tactical units
- Integrate data from disparate data sets/types into a common database for use in analysis and visualization.
- Track, analyze, and communicate commercial technology trends and recommendations to a non-technical audience
- Bachelor's Degree in Geospatial sciences, Software Engineering or related technical fields and a minimum 5 years of experience, OR Masters and a minimum 3 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be consider in lieu of degree
- Active TS/SCI clearance with the ability to maintain the clearance
- Must be able to obtain a Security + certification
- Experience with database creation, integration, troubleshooting, and administration on large system-of-systems (SoS)
- Strong expertise with GIS, geospatial data, and geospatial products, including ESRI.
- Working knowledge of software development environments and methodologies, including Scrum/Agile and Software Engineering Processes and Best Practices
- Experience working with DoD
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time (CONUS and OCONUS locations)
- Knowledge of Distributed Common Ground System -Army (DCGS-A) components and Mission Command systems and processes preferred
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.