Leidos is seeking an Embedded Engineer who wants to work on a new agile DevSecOp project in an IC DoD customer space. Leidos is building a new team to develop new structure and applications for our customer. We are looking for a collaborative and forward leaning individual who wants to tackle challenges and be a part of creating innovative solutions. In return, Leidos will invest in you with a new enhanced leave plan, generous 401k, and training to name just a few great benefits. Ready to tackle your next challenge - then we want you on our team.
This is a customer facing mission support and knowledge transfer role that uses data science, engineering and software development techniques to assist the government intelligence analyst. The Embedded Engineer (EE) understands and may have prior analyst experience with algorithms and tools for Natural Language Process (NLP), Artificial Intelligence (AI), and Machine Learning (ML) and assists the government intelligence analyst to use large data sets to perform entity resolution and extraction for intelligence work products.
- Use data science, engineering and software development techniques to assist government intelligence analysts in using data to satisfy mission requirements.
- Assist government intelligence analysts to use large data sets to perform entity resolution and extraction for intelligence work products.
- Collaborate across a team of Data Scientists, Data Administrators, and Data Engineers, SW engineers, SW developers and government intelligence analysts to support production of intelligence work products.
- Assist the government intelligence analyst to design and develop methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured, diverse sources including “big data” sources.
- Use advanced software programs (tools), algorithms, query techniques, models complex business problems, and automated processes to cleanse, integrate, and evaluate data sets.
- Work together with government intelligence analysts to identify meaningful insights and interpret and communicate findings and recommendations.
- Knowledge and understanding of data science, engineering and software development techniques.
- Understanding of algorithms and tools for Natural Language Process (NLP), Artificial Intelligence (AI), and Machine Learning (ML), entity resolution and data extraction and big data technologies.
- Ability to use advanced software programs (tools), algorithms, query techniques, modeling complex business problems, and automated processes to cleanse, integrate, and evaluate data sets.
- Ability to design and develop methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured, diverse sources including “big data” sources.
- Ability to interpret and communicate work-related findings and recommendations.
- Ability to understand requirements of government intelligence analysts.
- Ability to collaborate with government intelligence analysts, Data Scientists, Data Administrators, and Data Engineers, SW engineers, and SW developers to satisfy government intelligence requirements needed by intelligence analysts.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor's degree with 8-10 years of experience; or a Master's degree with 6-10 years of experience. Years of experience may be used in lieu of degree.
US Citizenship is required.
TS/SCI with Poly required.
- Prior analyst experience with algorithms and tools for Natural Language Process (NLP), Artificial Intelligence (AI), and Machine Learning (ML)P
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.