QRC Airborne ISR Division is seeking a Project Manager for an airborne intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (AISR) program. The position is responsible for providing leadership and oversight in the development of an AISR capability, actively support contract follow-on initiatives, and proactively lead contract growth. Leidos is the Lead Systems Integrator for the manned aircraft providing imagery and multi-source data for both real-time and post mission analysis. Operations occur both CONUS with heavy maintenance and aircraft modifications occur primarily in Bridgewater, VA with the Project Manager responsible for overseeing aircraft repair, engineering, design, modification, integration and ground/flight test of specialized DHC-8 ISR capable aircraft and subsystems. The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring the team maximizes program performance, ensures safety of personnel and equipment, and maintains accountability to U.S. government property. The Project Manager reports directly to the Director of Programs and maintains direct liaison with Government and Military representatives.
- Will be responsible for working with operations management, financial support staff, and contracts/subcontracts officers in managing a large CPFF contract.
- Will be responsible for managing the execution of contract tasks by working with the individual task order project managers to manage financial and contractual aspects of the program.
- Will be responsible for assisting in the coordination of proposals, business plans, and proposal work statements, including acting as a liaison with the customer for all program business and financial related activities.
- Development and presentation of Internal Program Reviews (IPRs)
Day to Day activities also include:
- Managing the program budget; spend plans, integrated master schedule, subcontractor’ oversight and customer interactions.
- Will serve as the primary customer interface and primary interface to senior management.
- Ensuring quality of aircraft/aircraft products to include meeting overhaul and modification deadlines while satisfying DCMA compliance.
- Managing schedule execution and providing technical guidance for on-time aircraft/product delivery to the Government.
- Managing operational systems and aircraft; ensuring regulatory compliance is enforced.
- Ensuring contract-mandated performance and compliance per the Performance Work Statement.
- Manage subcontractor performance.
- Deliver Government deliverables (CDRLs) within required deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Technical and a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience, or a master’s degree with three (3) years of relevant experience; additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Should have project experience working on projects and programs in positions of increasing responsibility, with substantive experience in management and supervision of military AISR operations.
- Must have an active DoD Top Secret clearance with SCI (or is SCI eligible) with ability to maintain.
- Must possess the ability to manage complex, strategic projects and programs than span organizational / corporate boundaries as well as select, recruit, mentor, train and promote key team members.
- Possess strong problem-solving, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills to be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Outlook).
- Be able to obtain a passport to travel internationally.
- If not local must be willing to relocate and reside in the Shenandoah Valley within commuting distance of Bridgewater Airport.
- Experience with the management of airborne ISR system development, testing, operations and sustainment.
- Pilot, Mission Crew, Business or Engineering background
- Three (3) years management and supervision of substantive military hardware/software development.
- Ensuring safety of flight, maintenance, and ground operations; providing reports and updates to Government Program Office; maintaining oversight of staff and equipment; monitoring and tracking flight status; assessing and mitigating risk; ensuring necessary procedures are in place; auditing program for compliance with Government metrics.
- Experienced with Microsoft Project Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
- Working knowledge of government/regulatory compliance (DCMA 8210.1C, AR 95-1, AR 95-20.
- Proven civilian and/or military leadership experience managing large programs with diverse locations and 30+ personnel.
- Be willing to travel for long periods of time and willing to fly in the aircraft for extended times and work in Hardship and Hazardous locations.
- Be able to successfully accomplish the CONUS Replacement Center course which requires a deployment physical, immunizations and training.
- Current PMP Certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.