Leidos program is seeking a Network Storage Engineer to support efforts for NGEN-R storage arrays.
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport.
Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
Responsible for operating and maintaining the network storage array infrastructure and associated operating systems and management tools.
This includes ensuring performance levels are met (SLAs), responding appropriately to alerts and events and responding to incidents from triage through resolution, including responding to escalations where appropriate, and plan for systems upgrades.
Manage and coordinate the required hardware and server patching, including upgrade assisting activities to maintain operational effectiveness for services.
Provide root cause analysis documentation in accordance with Government procedures.
Provide physical and virtual data center support where appropriate.
Document required daily shift activities in appropriate reporting and ticketing tools and ensure proper pass down of any outstanding issues.
Provide incident notification to Government representatives
- Responsible for operations of the day-to-day management activities of the storage array systems.
- Working with the mobile device and desktop management teams ensuring backups are working correctly.
- Work with Cyber Security analysts to ensure Enterprise information systems are secure.
- Ensures effective and efficient operation of the storage array systems using NetApp tools (Data OnTap, etc.), architecture, and availability.
- Monitor to ensure operating systems are functioning properly and conform to operation security policies and procedures.
- Receive and analyze system alerts from various sources within the enterprise and determine possible causes of such alerts. Track and document incidents from initial detection through final resolution.
- Assists with the deployment of hardware and applications and ensure appropriate service levels. Includes physical devices and other hardware essential to storage operations.
- Develop and implement standards, procedures, and processes for the Network Operations Center.
- Participation with the strategic network and operations planning.
- Prepare recommendations for resolutions to NetOps challenges based on monitoring results, tools analysis, and/or forensics.
- Assist the Cyber Team to employ approved defense-in-depth principles and practices. Assist with the collection of intrusion artifacts (e.g., source code, malware, and trojans) and use discovered data to enable mitigation of potential computer network defense (CND) incidents within the enterprise.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or related field; or High School Diploma / GED and 2 years of related experience.
- US Citizen and DoD Secret Clearance
- DoD 8570.01-M: Information Assurance Manager (IAT) II
- Must possess an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) network support certification and/or an Operating System (OS)/Application Certification such as:
- Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) Network+
- NetApp Certified Data Administrator, ONTAP
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) - Data Center Virtualization.
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certification for Enterprise Services
- Hands-on Experience in working with DoD networks, including NIPR, SIPR.
- Ability to assist with planning and implementation of enhancements and upgrades to the data centers / network.
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of virtualization, operating systems, and computer hardware / software, etc.*
- Evaluates and reports on new virtualization technologies to enhance capabilities of the operating environment.
- ABILITY TO TRAVEL FOR THE FIRST 6-9 MONTHS OF HIRE.
- Veritas and Commvault Backup Systems
- Demonstrated hands-on experience working with large NetApp storage arrays, data center technologies and Storage operations.
- Exceptional communication abilities, both verbal and written, including long-form business writing on complex topics
- Ability to define and understand program goals and roadmaps based on customer needs and strategic direction, and ensure that committed projects are delivered on schedule by the relevant team members
- Ability to work in a matrix organization with other teams to resolve issues and communicate status effectively to peers, subordinates and program leadership
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings
- 5 years of prior relevant experience
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 75% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.