Leidos is seeking a C4I Senior Communications Systems Engineer to support the Royal Saudi Air Force in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The C4I Senior Communications Systems Engineer will be part of the Contractor Engineering and Technical Support team in support of a U.S. Air Force Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a one-year assignment with option to renew. Assignment location may be one of seven locations in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia per the Performance Work Statement.
The C4I Senior Communications Systems Engineer will assist with oversight and organizational security efforts including, but not limited to, the following:
Supporting the RSAF Officer-in-Charge by:
- Actively advising and assisting in all aspects of communications systems engineering.
- Assist with training RSAF Engineering Officers and Warrant Officers in practical and theory.
- Performing maintenance in systems communications engineering as required.
- Providing support and advice to the RSAF for maintaining the Communication systems and all interface connectivity.
- Participating in modification and enhancement proposals and upgrades to the Comm. Systems.
- Coordinating closely with C4I program sites on all aspects of site engineering/maintenance.
- Keeping him informed of the real-time maintenance status of all C41 sites to brief his officer-in-charge, whenever required.
- Training RSAF personnel, as required.
- Suggesting improvements to the C4I system and to maintenance procedures.
- Performing maintenance functions, as required.
- Providing support and advising on manning requirements for the system.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering and certifications for specialized communication system training.
- Ten (10) years experience in the communication field with emphasis on communications disciplines needed for Command and Control and Air Defense Systems.
- Fully conversant with the equipment, facilities and installations in use in the RSAF or have had experience on equipment, facilities, installations or systems of the similar type and generation in a military environment.
- Capable of instructing RSAF personnel and producing training material and provide On- the-Job training.
- Experience with all aspects of ground radios, having experience on HF, VHF, UHF, line-of-sight including associated multiplexing and terminal equipment, Land Mobiles, multi-channel Tape Recorders and Pager Equipment. Fully conversant with all modern methods of communication, including satellite and fiber optics.
- Experience with Key telephone systems, Main distribution Frames, IDF, Voice Conditioning equipment, Multiplexes, Data Modems, LAN/WAN equipment, Remote Maintenance Administration and Traffic Systems (RMATS), and PABXs (Analogue/Digital, Stored Program Controlled).
- Fully conversant with Satellite Communications (SATCOM) including Uplink, downlink, RF, DAMA, NCS, Multiplex, Modems, Antenna Tracking system, and other equipment in use in the RSAF or have had experience on similar equipment or systems of the same generation.
- “Hands-on” experience with High Power Amplifiers (HPAs), LNAs, Up-converters, Down Converters, as well as Audio, Video and Data transmissions via satellites.
- Experience with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of one of the RSAF communications system is required or two (2) years experience in developing and/or supporting the current RSAF C2 Communications Network.
- Must be able to demonstrate past examples of cultural adaptability and ability to establish a trusted professional relationship with an international customer.
- Arabic language proficiency.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.