Leidos is seeking a Mission Lead who wants to work on a new agile DevSecOp project in an IC DoD customer space. Leidos is building a new team to develop new structure and applications for our customer. We are looking for a collaborative and forward leaning individual who wants to tackle challenges and be a part of creating innovative solutions. In return, Leidos will invest in you with a new enhanced leave plan, generous 401k, and training to name just a few great benefits. Ready to tackle your next challenge - then we want you on our team.
This role requires an experienced Systems Engineer to perform as a Mission Lead in a Government IC environment. This role has direct customer communication and is a point-of-contact to support application roadmap design and definition, perform risk management identification and mitigation, and development implementation timelines based on a tailored SAFe Agile DevSecOps environment. Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
- Communicate directly with the customer to support application roadmap design and definition, perform risk management identification and mitigation, and develop implementation timelines based on a tailored SAFe Agile DevSecOps environment.
- Responsible for technical planning, coordination between Agile teams and business needs to include coordination of verification, validation, and fielding.
- Work with internal systems engineers and scrum masters to ensure customer priorities are planned through the implementation lifecycle.
- Evaluate alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems.
- Perform systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical coordination, integration, system testing, and quality assurance.
- Plan and lead major technology assignments applying a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Evaluate performance results and recommend major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
- Function as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
- May mentor and/or supervise others.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Systems Engineering with experience in an IC environment.
- Ability and experience in communicating directly with customers to support application roadmap design and definition, risk management identification and mitigation, and development implementation timelines.
- Knowledge and experience in SAFe Agile DevSecOps principles and working in this environment.
- Experience with requirements management, portfolio management, Lean Six Sigma, and other optimization methodologies.
- Ability and experience to work with internal systems engineers and scrum masters to ensure customer priorities are planned through the implementation lifecycle and to function as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
- Ability to plan and lead major technology assignments applying a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Ability to evaluate performance results and recommend major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
- Ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor's degree with 8-10 years of experience; or a Master's degree with 6-10 years of experience. Years of experience may be used in lieu of degree.
US Citizenship is required.
TS/SCI with Poly required.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or other certifications are desired.
- Doctorate in a technical domain.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.