Leidos is seeking an Engineering and Implementation Manager in the Washington DC metro area (with the ability to work remotely for part of the workweek) in support of the General Service Administration (GSA) for the Digital Innovation for GSA Infrastructure Technologies (DIGIT) program.
The Engineering and Implementation Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing all engineering projects and initiatives to ensure seamless integration of projects through the IDT engineering pipeline. The Engineering and Implementation Manager shall be a change agent, defining new ways of developing product and packaging solutions internally and externally, helping the organization become more effective and agile.
Required qualifications/education for the Engineering and Implementation Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field plus recent (within the last five years) of experience managing and leading a large engineering and operations staff..
- 8+ years of experience with increasing responsibilities.
- Experience managing a transition of systems/applications into a cloud environment.
- Professional-level cloud certification in at least one of the three cloud service providers: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), or Microsoft Azure.
- Minimum of five years of experience managing Agile and DevOps projects.
- Experience with implementing technical and process changes in a highly complex infrastructure environment similar to the GSA environment.
- Experience managing cross-functional teams and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders (e.g., architects, operations personnel) to gather service requirements in support of design and delivery of service capabilities.
- Ideal candidate with have PMI - ACP (Agile Certified Practitioner) certificate.
- Certified ITIL 4 Specialist High-Velocity IT
- Certified ITIL 4 Managing Professional.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.