The Leidos Innovation Center at Beavercreek OH is seeking a Senior Sensors Research Scientist to join our growing team performing applied research and development of advanced sensing systems for the US Air Force. The successful candidate will perform research in various sensor research areas such as sensor modeling, automatic target recognition and sensor system performance modeling. This position also includes technical leadership of small high performance teams working in these areas.
Primary Responsibilities may include:
• Developing first principle sensor and sensor performance models
• Developing the frameworks and tools to support production and assessment of sensor system performance models.
• Exercising and adapting those frameworks for various sensor types and applications
• Developing sensor management/scheduling systems leveraging the performance models above in engagement and mission level simulations
• Integrating sensor models into simulation systems and performing sensor phenomenology tests.
• Interfacing with members of a high performance technical team including software engineers, computer scientists, and EO and RF engineers.
• Learning and understanding the underlying physics of various sensor types as necessary.
To be considered for this position, you must possess the following:
• PhD in Physics, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Computer Science and 13 to 16+ years of experience
• Significant experience in the field of automatic target recognition and sensor exploitation
• Experience with sensor systems or modeling of sensor systems (Radar, RF, and/or EO/IR sensor systems)
• Experience with MATLAB and/or Python
• Excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to effectively interface with and brief technical solutions to customers and large groups
• US Citizenship and a Top Secret security clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Experience programming in C/C++ environments
- Experience with target tracking techniques using sensor data
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques
- Experience processing sensor data
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Research Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.