It doesn’t get any better than this! Are you ready for a unique opportunity to join a Fortune 500 company, on an incredible growth journey, ranked #1 in Washington Technology’s Top 100 Government Contractors and recognized by Military Times as a 2019 “Best for Vets” Employer?
Leidos Civil Group, Integrated Missions Operation is seeking a disciplined and accomplished Program/Portfolio Manager with demonstrated program, technical, and business leadership skills to lead a team of information technology, engineering, science, and management services professionals principally supporting our Department of Energy (DOE) Mission Support portfolio. The DOE Mission Support Portfolio provides a range of services to our DOE customer including Enterprise IT, National Nuclear Security Administration mission support, and DOE environmental services. We also are positioning for a number of large and complex Enterprise IT services that offers significant growth of the organization.
Scope of responsibility will include:
- Direct contract support to programs within the portfolio driving program execution, business development and digital transformation. Currently the portfolio is managing $40M per year in program delivery over multiple programs.
- Engagement with customer contacts to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction for programs within the portfolio
- Development of new business and/or on contract growth expand services with existing customers
- Engagement with industry including partnering meetings, trade show assemblies and related marketing/branding efforts.
- Implementation of talent management initiatives to support retention and development of skills and critical capabilities to sustain and grow the programs within the portfolio
- Providing management and oversight of the day-to-day operations and task execution within the portfolio.
- Executing program growth initiatives and manage key performance indicators which provide insight into the health of the portfolio
- Maintaining consistent communications with key customers and take an active role in new business development opportunities to include on contract growth and expansion opportunities
- Meeting with management, technical and operating personnel within client organizations to review requirements, present proposed action plans and to discuss and resolve technical, administrative and management problems and issues
- Actively engaging in program reviews and risk management process and work with teams to mitigate exposure, resolve issues, and escalate when necessary
- Work with line and BD leadership to develop and implement a road map for growth with current and future customers
- Providing leadership and vision to employees, motivating them to strive for excellence, achievement of program and portfolio objectives, and instill a culture of customer service and personal accountability
- Present to Leidos senior management on status of programs and new opportunities
- You will have, in the last 8-15 years, demonstrated progressive and successful program/portfolio management experience leading environmental and mission support programs on a variety of contract types (e.g., CPFF, T&M, FFP) with annual sales responsibility of $20M or more
- Ability to establish/articulate a strategic vision and achieve meaningful change and growth
- Achievement of high levels of customer intimacy and collaboration
- You should have expertise in program management, proposal development, and risk management to be successful in this role
- Strong enterprise IT/Cyber delivery experience including an understanding of key trends in this domain
- Demonstrated ability to build, engage, and empower a leadership team and an established workforce to include talent management and development
Strong communication skills and proven ability to create a culture where employees are motivated to succeed through collaboration, clear and open communication and transparency
- Bachelor’s degree and 12+ years of relevant experience successfully managing programs of increasing scale/complexity
- Proven Program/Project Management experience across a variety of contract types (T&M, FFP, CR, etc.). This includes experience managing contract deliverable items, budgets, customer satisfaction.
- Proven experience supporting capture and proposal development (technical solutions and pricing strategies)
- Proven experience and interaction with senior level customers.
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated successful recovery of a red program (desired)
- PMP Certification (desired)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.