Leidos Defense Group is seeking a Virtual Infrastructure Systems Engineer to support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, located OCONUS in Stuttgart, Germany. This role supports the US AFRICOM mission and is required to travel OCONUS. You must hold an active DOD Secret Clearance
In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Performing data center infrastructure network engineering and design on a geographically dispersed enterprise network.
• Providing engineering efforts in the lifecycle of projects to include documentation, design, build, integrate, transition, implementation, test, and training for transitioned to IT Operations Management.
• Analyzing and providing recommendations for hardware and software life cycle and standardization for the enterprise and recommend best-practice solutions for datacenter and virtual infrastructure technologies.
• Communicating clearly and succinctly, both written and orally.
• Presenting products, solutions and ideas in a business-like manner and interfacing with customers, client managers and system users.
• Demonstrating experience and a strong engineering background in design, implementation and migration of Data Center technologies to include Cisco NEXUS products, Cisco UCS, Cisco UCS Manager, Fabric Interconnects, NETAPP storage solutions/ SAN configurations, FCOE, VMWARE, ESXi, SNAP mirroring
• Demonstrating familiarity with private cloud virtualization and virtual networks in VMWare environments using hyperflex solutions to support Citrix VDI environments would be desirable.
• Working in a dynamic, fast paced environment that requires team interaction and coordination efforts including remote site support and/or travel to customer servers and sites as required.
Active DOD Secret Clearance and be able to obtain a Top Secret/SCI Clearance
BA/BS + 5 years, AA/AS +7 years, a major cert + 7 years or 11 years of recent specialized experience
Professional certification that meets or exceeds DoD 8570 IAT III CompTIA CASP + (IAT Level III or greater)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Engineer (MCSE)
VMWare Certified Professional (VPC)
Cisco Data Center Certification (CCNA,CCNP)
Must be willing/able to work OCONUS
Effective communications throughout all levels of operational command
Ability to document system process and architecture
Knowledge of following and implementation of DISA STIG requirements
ITIL v3 – Foundation
CCIE Data Center
Deploying Cisco ACI and HCI solutions
Software Defined Networking
Automation using Microsoft PowerShell, VBScript, or batch files
Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Exchange, Active Directory, and SharePoint
Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
Experience with DoD IT security requirements
Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.