Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Next Generation Enterprise Network-Recompete (NGEN-R) Contract. This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps.
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
Leidos is looking to hire Storage Design Engineers in Quantico, VA to join our newly awarded NGEN program. The selected candidate will assist the Government Lead in the daily engineering duties on systems. Job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited too:
- Assist the Government Lead in the daily engineering duties on systems. Implement and administer networked storage infrastructure and interconnected systems, capacity planning, and performance analysis and design of storage systems.
- Determine current levels of system and application resource utilization and performance. Construct analytical models and develop workload projection methodologies to estimate and describe utilization and performance at multiple levels.
- Utilize the capacity management tool set to perform workload sizing for new and existing applications. Plan and evaluate storage requirements.
- Support the implementation of hardware and software upgrades and analyze the impact of new technologies on processor and peripheral utilization and performance.
- Construct capacity plans, develop capacity reports, oversee storage of capacity and performance data, and conduct capacity management audits.
- Support disaster recovery sizing activities.
- Design, Develop and Integrate Storage Attached Network (SAN) Storage design, configuration, and integration including, but not limited to, NetApp and EMC storage solutions.
- Provide capacity and performance management, design, configuration, and integration.
- Design, Develop and Operate High Availability/ Disaster Recovery (HA/DR) solutions management to configure, integrate, and support virtualization, systems, and appliance storage.
- Complete tasks associated with Fiber Channel, IP Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI), Network Attached Storage (NAS) design, configuration, integration with switching fabric.
- Complete data de-duplication, mirroring and retention.
- Design storage devices based on analysis of capacity use and requirements.
- Execute installation and integration of storage device, system, and components.
- Develop, Configure and Integrate Virtual Storage Console for VMWare. Perform tasks associated with application networking ports and protocols, Information Assurance (IA), routing and Local Area Network (LAN).
- Execute tasks associated with storage security design and management.
- Configure and integrate NetApp Data on Tap 8.x design.
- Perform storage design supporting Microsoft Distributed File System (DFS), Exchange and Structured Query Language (SQL) and storage integration utilizing Logical Unit Numbers (LUNs), quota distribution and file sharing.
- Design, Develop and Operate storage integration with virtualization specifically, but not limited to, VMware and Hyper-V.
- Perform storage integration with SQL 2008 r2 and HBSS and integration and installation on various server hardware.
- Experience with SnapMirror, SnapDrive, SnapManager for Exchange/SQL Configuration.
- Experience with NetApp tools such as: Data Fabric Manager, On Command Operations Manager/System Manager, and PowerShell.
- Experience writing API code and proficient with Oracle (or other) databases.
- BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or related field and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level III
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- SnapManager for Exchange/SQL Configuration
- NetApp Data Fabric Manager
- Command Operations Manager/System Manager
- Virtual Storage Console for VMWare
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v3
- Veritas Certified Specialist (VCS)
- Dell EMC Certified Associate |
- NetApp Certified Data Administrator (NCDA)
- IBM Certified Associate - Tivoli Storage Manager
- Storage Networking industry Association (SNIA)
- Certified Storage Professional (SCSP)
- Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) Storage+ Powered by SNIA
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.