Leidos has a career opening for a Network Engineer in Laurel, MD.
This particular contract modernizes and ensures the uninterrupted availability of a critical component of the Intelligence Community. Through the use of innovative approaches, your system and network experience and skills will be challenged by providing day-to-day support to a one-of-a-kind global information technology enterprise. In this fast-paced environment, you will routinely work directly with analyst end-users, enabling their ability to respond to emerging world events.
• Conduct network and telecommunications system incident investigation.
• Apply workaround solutions for known errors per documented methods and procedures.
• Analyze network and telecommunications system logs and identify potential issues.
• Perform network system backups per documented methods and procedures.
• Monitor network and telecommunications system performance and respond to anomalies and issues according to defined procedures
• Build network and telecommunications systems for deployment, assist in testing, and prepare for shipping.
• Assist in the installation, operations, and maintenance of network devices & systems in the network/data centers and network infrastructure closets.
• Assist in deployment, installation, and implementation of VoIP, Video Tele-Conference (VTC), and Plain Old Telephone (POTS) systems.
• Interface and communicate with the Network Operations Centers (NOCs) of external telecommunications service providers (other Government organizations and commercial providers) on incidents and service issues.
• Assist with network and telecommunications activities being executed by Level 1 and 2 Network Engineers.
**External referral eligible**
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited College or University is required along with five (5) years of experience in Network Engineering disciplines or ten (10) years of networking experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
• Must have a Network + certification or CCNA certification.
• Must be a US Citizen and possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.