Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Next Generation Enterprise Network-Recompete (NGEN-R) Contract. This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps.
In support of this exciting program Leidos is looking to hire a Network Routing Design Engineer in Quantico, VA to join our Team.
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for assisting the Government Lead in the daily engineering duties on systems. Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Perform general Local Area Network (LAN)/Base Area Network (BAN)/Wide Area Network (WAN) administration.
- Schedule conversions and cutovers.
- Evaluate and design communication hardware and software, troubleshoot LAN/BAN/WAN and other network related problems.
- Perform Capacity and Demand Management activities in accordance with the USMC Circuit Management processes.
- Support traffic analysis and traffic shaping design plans.
- Monitor and optimize directory services replication speed. Design the capabilities and features that allow end users to for access of internal and external web content via Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) and HTTPS protocols.
- Design capabilities for caching and proxy, to include control of content accessed through proxy (Filter by category, allow policy application scheduling, and apply updates of automated filter categories from a Government approved industry provider).
- Assist with the development and integration of identity and access management requirements and monitor security updates in accordance with Government policies.
- Develop, update, track, and perform Internet Protocol (IP) scheme and address management.
- Design, Develop and Integrate network routing utilizing Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Open Shortage Path First (OSPF) routing and Virtual Routing and Firewall (VRF), and perform network security utilizing Virtual Routing and Firewall (VRF), Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS), Access Control List (ACL), Internet Protocol Security (IPSEC), and Layer 2 Virtual Private Network (L2 VPN).
- Oversee Rights Management Services for administrators, users, and groups. Design Anti-malware, Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP), and Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) inspection solutions.
- Design application networking ports and protocols, Information Assurance (IA), routing and LAN.
- Perform integration with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) certificates and network accounts to support two-factor authentication for all Active Directory (AD) domain account categories and eliminate the need for password-based authentication.
- Design and integrate multivendor solutions utilizing Cisco, Juniper, Brocade and other vendor technologies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or related field; 10 Years of Experience
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Experience with performance, design, configuration, and testing of complex large-scale computer networks. Experience with Navy/Marine Corps, DISA and Joint interoperability of network design, integration and implementation.
- Expert knowledge of Domain Name Server (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), and Uniform Resource Locator (URL) filtering.
- Must possess Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3 Foundation certification.
- Must possess professional-level certifications in one or more technology related vendor solutions such as Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Service Provider, Juniper Networks Certified Internet Professional (JNCIP), or equivalent Certification, or demonstrate sufficient experience in lieu of certification. (Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Routing and Switching)
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level III
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.