Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Next Generation Enterprise Network-Recompete (NGEN-R) Contract. This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps.
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
Leidos is looking to hire Virtualization Design Engineers in Quantico, VA to join our newly awarded NGEN program. The selected candidate will assist the Government Lead in the daily engineering duties on systems. Job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited too:
- Design, implement, and support the network to include installation, maintenance, security, and day-to-day monitoring of virtual infrastructure.
- Maintain and administer applications, custom monitors, and custom reports. Coordinate and manage overall system maintenance.
- Recommend and implement test sets to provide root cause analysis and resolution for alerts and events and resolve incidents in response to escalated tickets.
- Work with cluster file systems and other technologies to provide redundancy and availability for server farms and applications.
- Develop and execute software, testing, and validation procedures, programming and documentation. Design and customize software to optimize operational efficiency in cloud-based environments.
- Develop and integrate virtual storage console. Execute data store design and management. Support virtualization capacity, performance design, and management.
- Manage virtualization high availability/disaster recovery solution design and integration.
- Complete Virtual Switching (Vswitch) design and configuration.
- Perform tasks associated with application networking ports and protocols, Information Assurance (IA), routing and Local Area Network (LAN).
- Manage user and group permissions and security design. Initiate security updates in accordance with Government procedures for directory services. Support evaluating virtualization and network consolidation.
- Perform virtualization integration with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012, SQL 2012R2, external storage devices utilizing LUNs, quota distribution and file sharing and installation on various server hardware.
- Perform system integration with Host Based Security System (HBSS). Perform virtualization integration with New File System (NFS), IP Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) and Fiber Channel (FC).
- Experience with Data Sharing, Network Attached Storage (NAS), Disaster Recovery preparation, and integration of capabilities with Cloud Computing and Cyber architectures.
- Experience with administering the most current versions of Windows Operating Systems and Windows Operating Systems environments, virtual infrastructure platforms, and working with vendor-neutral virtual networking solutions and technologies.
- Experience with virtualization concepts, virtual and storage networking protocols, such as Fiber Channel protocols and Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI). Experience with VMWare and Hyper-V tools and VMWare Update Manager.
- Experience with Hyper-V WSUS (Windows Server Update Services). Must possess Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3 Foundation.
- Must possess professional-level certifications in one or more technology related vendor solutions such as Veritas, EMC Corporation, NetApp, or Tivoli, or demonstrate sufficient experience in lieu of certification.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or related field*
- 10 Years of Experience
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level III
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- EMC Corporation
- Hyper-V tools
- VMWare Update Manager
- WSUS (Windows Server Update Services)
- System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012
- SQL 2012R2
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.