Chase your aspirations with no boundaries at Leidos! Accelerate your career growth by joining Leidos.
The Multi-Spectrum Warfare Research and Analytics Division of Leidos has an exciting position for you, our next Fiber Laser Technician to support constructing and testing of cutting edge high power fiber based laser systems on Kirtland AF Base. The successful candidate will have a background in performing scientific work related to laser systems and have the desire to learn
new and novel laser techniques.
Fun stuff on the job you will do:
• Conduct fiber amplifiers, perform laser experiments, and collect data to include measurement of laser output power, spectra, and polarization extinction ratios.
• Perform analyses of experimental data using software such as Excel.
• Perform routine laboratory maintenance and cleanup.
Skills you need to be successful in this role:
• 2+ years’ experience with Optics, Lasers and Fiber splicing
• 2+ years of fiber laser related experience
• 2+ years’ experience with Fiber lasers and fiber optics including fiber splicing.
• Knowledge of programming with LabView or similar code, and using and modifying existing code
• Ability to analyze data and write accurate, concise and readable test summary reports
• Ability to engage in technical research and development in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work well with scientific peers
• Ability to acquire and maintain a minimum of a DoD Secret security clearance
• Ability to understand and abide by government safety rules and regulations
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Technologist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.