Leidos is looking to hire a Network Operations Specialist in Columbia, MD to join our newly awarded NGEN program.
Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Next Generation Enterprise Network-Recompete (NGEN-R) Contract. This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps.
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The selected candidate will perform advanced systems installation, operation, integration, and troubleshooting in order to maintain optimum Information Technology (IT) system operations. Other job duties and responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Design and oversee upgrades and new installs of IT systems and services ensuring coordination with Cyber Security Specialist.
- Perform Tier III upgrades of networking systems, IT systems, and storage networking.
- Perform Tier III troubleshooting, optimization, and performance management of Internet Protocol (IP), Domain Name System (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), and routing protocols.
- Integrate enterprise, regional, and local IT systems ensuring current network operations are sustained or oversee their recovery.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or related technical field and a minimum of 10 years of experience.
- Ten plus (10+) years of IT experience including Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs), Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), and Network Address Translation (NAT).
- Active DoD Top Secret Clearance
Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II
- Must possess at least two of the following certifications
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.